Changes to Zwift Subscription Renewals [May 2024]

fooliish to do increase in spring when people can ride outside

3 Likes

I have been on the platform since 2017 and sad to say this is going to be it for me.

Neil said it best up above in the previous comments, " If you pay a premium priceā€¦you expect a premium product "

The product they are putting out does not match the price they are charging. The fact that there has not even been an open discussion about what changes the platform needs to justify the increases reeks of so much oversight it is cringe worthy.

Sad day for me. Best piece of consumer adviceā€¦vote with your wallet.

9 Likes

Iā€™ll be cancelling my subscription in July in that case, only using it to aid my Etape training. Doesnā€™t warrant and extra Ā£5pm.
Come winter Iā€™ll either sign up for a couple of months or use another platform.
Looks like a case of greedflation instead of inflation.

7 Likes

Lost another subscriber I just got the email and cancelled membership. Shame on Zwift specially during times of inflation ā€¦.

8 Likes

Cancelled for me. Use it 2-3 times a week for 45-60 minute sessions, mostly whilst watching a movie and completing a workout. Just canā€™t justify Ā£180 or a 38.5% increase!

9 Likes

Only been back 2 weeks and a Ā£5 increase, thats me cancelled

4 Likes

I would be happy to pay that if that fix the Cat to start banning cheater

1 Like

Just like any other business, Hit you with a huge increase to pay the top bonuses. My increase will be 34% and I just started using Zwift last year? How can that be justified?

2 Likes

If Zwift bring the yearly membership to Ā£149 (just under the old 12 * Ā£12.99 cost) then I would continue, but Ā£179 is too much. As it stands I have cancelled.

5 Likes

I am surprised they donā€™t offer a ā€˜basicā€™ plan.

Reduced features or just access to the worlds (or select world).

They could then offer a ā€˜premiumā€™ plan with racing, workouts, pace partners etc

7 Likes

I have just received the message from Zwift about a price increase of more than 33%.

I understand that prices have to be modified over time, but 33% is an inflationary increase that I, as a long-standing customer, do not want to accept.

I am now asking the Zwift team to offer me, as a long-standing customer, an customer discount or other options for a moderate price increase.

I have to say, I am shocked and very angry right now.
Is this the way to honor long-standing customer loyalty?

10 Likes

First time I have paused my subscription during summer to test other platforms. Lets see if I will come back.

4 Likes

I canceled my membership immediately after the email notification of the price increase with ZERO added featuresā€¦

Whatā€™s wrong with you?

Such a scumbag greedy maneuver on your users!

To the users reading this:

I highly encourage everyone to seek the free alternatives and cancel your memberships immediately.

Stand up for yourself and this company will retreat or go bankrupt. You have the power with your wallet. Make the right choice because if you donā€™t, they will do this again.

13 Likes

Iā€™ll be moving over to MyWhoosh.

7 Likes

I guess it costs a lot of money to pay a room full of developers to come up with a new leveling system every few months. :smiley:

6 Likes

We can change this. More and more people are joining other platforms. From my RL friends starting with indoor cycling most have joined MyWoosh.

6 Likes

Good timing to massively increase prices just as the majority of your users were going to start riding outside more. Could the company not be sustained at the current price by those who donā€™t pause their sub over summer? Are the company in trouble, as it appears like that.

or is it just to pay off all the redundancy packages for the people youā€™ve laid off recently?

4 Likes

Whereā€™s the multi-user family plan pricing?

6 Likes

ā€œIs this the way to honor long-standing customer loyalty?ā€

No, this is them saying we donā€™t care about loyalty.

I am really curious to know what churn rate the ā€œZwift mindsā€ calculated because I bet that percentage will be way higher than they assumed. Show no loyalty, get no loyalty.

8 Likes

Iā€™m not happy about the price increases but I will still be staying on. I enjoy the training, the community racing and the platform.

The reality is that itā€™s hard to keep a company afloat in such a competitive space. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if these ā€œfree platformsā€ wonā€™t start charging soon either to maintain their bottom line. Zwift has been in the red for a while so this isnā€™t surprising. Itā€™s disappointing that tech companies (Netflix, Spotify, etc) are trying to underprice their competition and no wonder so many of them are in the red and laying off their staff

I would welcome a sustainable pricing scheme where we know the company isnā€™t going to go under in the next couple years.

I do hope Zwift gives some information to their subscribers on what this money is going to put towards etc and to show that they are on a sustainable path forward. I worry that we will likely not see companies like My whoosh, Indie velo, Rouvy in a few years. Free doesnā€™t mean sustainable

4 Likes