Changes to Zwift Subscription Renewals [May 2024]

Wahoo buys up RGT.
Zwift teams up with Wahoo on a number of fronts.
Wahoo shuts down RGT.
Zwift implements an insane price increase.

Coincidence much?

10 Likes

38.5%

14.99 to 17.99 = 20%

149 to 179 = 20%

?

21 Likes

Let me start by saying Iā€™ve been a Zwift subscriber for many years and absolutely loved the platform. Itā€™s been a fantastic way to train indoors and stay connected to the cycling community. But this recent price jump from Ā£12.99 to Ā£17.99 is a real slap in the face, especially with no clear explanation for the increase.

Weā€™re all facing tighter budgets these days, and cyclists are definitely having to be more selective about where their money goes. Zwift raising the price without any apparent improvements to the platform feels like a cash grab at a time when they should be working harder to retain users.

Hereā€™s what concerns me:

• Missing Justification: We havenā€™t seen any significant upgrades or new features to justify this price leap. Whereā€™s the additional value for us as subscribers?
  • Competitive Landscape: There are other virtual cycling platforms out there, and with Zwift raising the bar on cost, some users might be tempted to explore other options.
  • Economic Timing: It feels particularly tone-deaf to raise prices when people are watching their spending more closely.
15 Likes

it was Ā£12.99

12.99 in the UK

Correct. Sorry!

Coming my renewal ill be considering other options.

The facts are that Zwift has become a money-grabbing platform. Making money is good, but not at the expense of supporting the needs of the customers.

Looking at what freemium games perform on iPad, iPad Pro, and Apple TV I wonder if Zwift will ever see this. We have graphics that are acceptable for 2014, not for 2024. We get nonsense on April Fools and bull crap with black history and pride month. We ride bikes, we donā€™t look at color, the sexuality. It all plays no part when riding bikes. Iā€™ll only accept the increase if there is an increase in Zwift.

EDIT: It has been a good run since 2018, but the last 2 years Zwift has become a disappointment.

10 Likes

its Ā£12.99 to Ā£17.99 a fiver increase which constitutes 38.5% increase from 12.99 to 17.99

1 Like

Iā€™ve only been Zwifting for 4 months, but a Ā£5 a month increase from 12.99 to 17.99 is a joke. I wonā€™t be carrying on.

5 Likes

Considering other cycling apps right now. A bit too pricey. Should be shared subscription at this range.

3 Likes

Nonsense, youā€™re getting a new HUD minus a draft indicator and, if youā€™re lucky, some nice new fonts as a bonus :grinning:

4 Likes

Yeah, same here - Iā€™ve been Zwifting for three months at ā‚¬14,99 a month, which now increases to ā‚¬19,99. Ridiculous, and Iā€™m going to see whether other platforms have a better pricing for me. I only Zwift like two times a week, and this is just too much for me. Bummer.

4 Likes

Ā£12.99 to Ā£17.99

38% increase in UKā€¦
Adios!

4 Likes

Personally I think Zwift have done a good job keeping prices on hold since 2018ā€¦Iā€™ve been on the platform since 2016 and have seen 1 increase in that time.

Iā€™m personally ok with the increaseā€¦ if we get more development. Quite clearly the PE companies canā€™t keep bankrolling Zwift.

Butā€¦ itā€™s now getting expensive to keep managing all these subscriptions so they will have to perform to keep my money.

Also, I doubt Iā€™ll do annual subscription now at that price. Iā€™ll be taking 4 months off at least rather than keep the annual subscription.

If you pay a premium priceā€¦you expect a premium productā€¦so Zwift need to up their game.

15 Likes

development costs? Or ill-considered sponsorship deals?

10 Likes

Iā€™ve been zwifting for many years and always supported the changes, but I think this increase is a step too far so I donā€™t think I will be renewing when the time comes. I will try some of the free platforms and use the coming good weather to go outside.

Just as a comparison, it now costs me more per annum to Zwift than it does to insure my car.

9 Likes

Whaaaaat this is now more than my gym membership. It took every ounce of willpower to not cancel you on the spot. There is about a million other ways this could of been handled. Tiered memberships? For what is? most folks over glorified automated tension knob. How are you going to increase memberships with this type of move? Bonkersā€¦ it feels like a poor understanding on how to run a cloud business?

3 Likes

Zwift has never been good at forward thinking but several small increases over 7 years would probably be much easier to stomach than one massive one (32% in Canada).

12 Likes