Changes to Zwift Subscription Renewals [May 2024]

I think that if they’d have increased it by a pound, year on year it wouldn’t have been so bad. As it is, a circa 30% hike during a cost of living crisis is enough to make me vote with my feet.

14 Likes

Is any of this price increase going to go towards development of racing on zwift?

Since 2017 the only thing i can think of that has improved racing is pen enforcement so very little for our money and with this season on zwift having nothing new can we assume zwift are not really interested in developing racing?

Where is ZRS, points race, race modes, custom courses, ability to self manage events, velodrome, neutralised starts…etc etc list goes on on things that have been requested for years.

14 Likes

20 Likes

nah… they’re probably going to use it to build a team that will focus exclusively on getting all the subscription income to MVDP’s pockets ASAP.

(BTW, has he used Zwift more than once in the meantime?)

3 Likes

First post here… just to say I’ve seen the increase and I simply don’t think it’s justified.

They couldn’t have picked a worse time, just as the weather is getting better and the cost of living is peaking.

21 Likes

You can cancel your sub at anytime and start it back up as needed. Account will remain the same as you left it.

6 Likes

you just lost 2 subscribers, a rate rise is justifiable, the amount is not. goodbye!

15 Likes

Yeah… this sounded pretty good in the boardroom I guess… 240€ per year (if monthly) for a game that hasnt changed allot… no thanks.

This sounds like it has nothing to do with developing costs. But more with shareholders wallets.

10 Likes

I see my next bill is still set at the old fee. After that, might indeed consider closing my account for the summer season from here on out. Twenty euro / month for a platform that hasn’t developed any meaningful features over the past half a decade is a bit steep…

7 Likes

Lets cut to the chase - Do we get any new fonts as part of this price rise?

Couldnt zwift at least get near the functionality that Sauce gives you, so people could cancel their Sauce subs to meet the increase?

Another well managed change HQ!

6 Likes

Outrageous price increase. I canceled my annual subscription. Your own fault, Zwift!!!

14 Likes

Me too. Ridiculous increase and a total slap in the face.

10 Likes

Is the pricechange happening or not?? No mail from Zwift either and all links dead?

1 Like

That would be IndieVelo…

5 Likes

I’ve not even had my Hub One a year and it’s been discontinued, so not a good start. My account says my renewal is going to be £129.99 and now it’s increased to £179.99. That’s disgusting, so I’ve been Zwifting for less.than 5 months and that is a massive price hike. Looks like I’ll be selling my Hub One and cancelling my membership. Everyone is cashing in any little bit of pleasure people have…it’s a joke :rage:

9 Likes

Free options for people -

Indievelo
Mywhoosh
Virtupro
Incyclist
Vingo

10 Likes

Maybe time to start recouping some revenue from runners, maybe $5mth

9 Likes

just had the email from them saying that prices are going up so yes it is happening

On behalf of our team mate perfcompanion we can’t afford this raise, we won’t renew our subscriptions, instead we wait for new ideas to win things from zwift, gifts, jerseys or money prizes, we’re shocked with this raise, especially we’re not satisfied with resulting system, many abnormal things such as gender favoritism, cheating, and so many things,we love zwift even though, I hope zwift we’ll revise his decision, and rather will focus on new ideas where client have more real satisfaction and logical race results.

6 Likes

Eric a while back said they weren’t making enough to cover the dev costs for the game, they laid off a bunch of staff, added an annual subscription, removed new kids plans, and my guess is they are still not as profitable as they want to be - so I’m not entirely surprised they’ve increased prices.

That said, it would have been nice for it to come with some form of feature set that felt worth an additional price… Otherwise we’re just paying more for the same thing which feels not great. The timing of it isn’t that great either given it’s nicer weather in the northern hemisphere now.

7 Likes