Changes to Zwift Subscription Renewals [May 2024]

How about Spotify, they never increased their price from launch, then last year they say they had no choice and increased it here in UK by £1 and just now a year later by £1 again, Zwift have had 2 price increases of £5 each time, that’s a big jump and has no meaning to their customers other than “It’s a huge jump in price”, £5 means nothing except a 38% increase, whatever way you look at it it’s massive.

Spotify and other services also offer other plans like Student, family, duo etc to take the price down for those who need it, Zwift does not, they made their bed, let them lay in it.

4 Likes

I terminated my subscription. It lasts until May the 13th and Zwift confirmed that by E-Mail.

They locked me out immediately:

Now I’m angry.

2 Likes

It’s a significant hike. But I personally don’t throw a ton of money on streaming services that offer me more tales of the personal problems of superheroes, so I’m good for now.

No one in your replies is factoring in Bike Servicing and the replacement of worn parts.
I get so much more parts life from the “indoor bike”, a retired outdoor frame then my current outdoor bike.

Also I’m shocked at the post covid inner tube and tyre costs.
Tubeless? it’s almost a hobby in it’s own right.

I do my own maintenance, so outdoors might be cheaper for me, but also I’m not riding outside at 10pm :slight_smile:

1 Like

ZRL and all races, have suffered from inflexiblity of Zwift HQ.

In terms of software/ developmental side. I.e. adding functionality.

And in terms of the tight constrains they put on their races. I.e race can’t last over an hour…

2 Likes

checked UK prices yesterday, cheapest basic membership to a budget chain gym is 20quid, think a lot of UK folk have a pre-covid/ cost of living idea on monthly subs are in for a shock, saw someone quoting 15 PCM, lol
Daughter pays 25 with student discount for her gym.

$140 pcm, must be selling an instagram setup !

2 Likes

Ah, just need the right sealant.

And tape. And a compressor. And the right tire/rim combo. And the right valves. And a plug tool. And a lot of shop towels. And the patience of Job. But otherwise, it’s pretty painless.

3 Likes

Nothing to stop you cycling indoors still.

Mywhoosh
Tacx
Whatever your trainer comes with
Head unit

You can ride indoors for no subscription cost.

Then you just factor in negligible maintenance costs (very occasional chain, cassette, some lubricant of your choice).

Add some additional cost of replacing bibs

Zwift is an optional £18/month and it doesn’t offer enough value for me. Maybe at the height of winter but even then the free options will do it for me and probably quite a few others

2 Likes

and riding outside regulary too to keep the slop from setting in one place, refresh every 3 months too ?
plugs for big holes, have we missed anything else ?
yup as you say painless :rofl:

3 Likes

what is the hardware requirements for the free MyWhoosh, heard it’s basically a top end video card/PC combo?

Minimum requirements have lowered, in the past my Poco F3 just qualified, but today i can run it on my older tech Mi A2.

As regards PC, there is now a “MyWhoosh Go” download option for lower spec systems.

1 Like

What new Zwift is gonna give in return for these new prices?. More new routes which are based on existing routes, like they have done before?

Can be, but they have now also added a Mywhoosh GO for lower end PCs so there’s a choice. The spec they quote for the full powered app isn’t entirely true, it can also run very well on much older PCs no real problem. But the GO version seems to give a much better experience overall for lower end PCs.

I’ve 2 sets of tubeless wheelsets, neither are any problem, took about 10 minutes a wheel to set up, my tubed trainer tyre blew up at least twice last winter

4 Likes

Nothing crazy now to be fair.

It also runs on phones and apple TV

all the best mike ive suspended zwift and will be trying mywhoosh as soon as im able,

1 Like

Got the email
Opened Zwift
Cancelled subscription
Closed Zwift

7 Likes

Apart from the cost to your soul, you mean? :thinking:

2 Likes

Do you remember their plans for their own smart bike?

Outrageous, been a zwift member since Jan 2017, but I’ve just cancelled.

They should have thought about a proper payment structure, maybe hour ls banded (i.e. £5pm for 2 hours per week) or something… I’m not paying £18 a month for (on average) 2 hours per week.

3 Likes