Changes to Pace Partners [May 2022]

Why remove the Makuri pacers? I like to change the scenery when the option is avalalble.

7 Likes

Bring back the Makuri Bots!!! #freemakuribots

7 Likes

I think I’ve answered this question about three times :slight_smile:

This is a testing period. I want to determine the best routes, per partner in Watopia - these will be tested across 15-20 different routes on flat, rolling and hilly courses.

The removal from Makuri is not permanent and I wanted to focus on the most popular areas. Makuri PPs get around 2k unique riders each day, Watopia around 15k.

10 Likes

Apparently every single one of the 2k riders on Makuri reads the forums.

32 Likes

Nice I’ll try to jump in and try riding with them instead of Cadence to change things up. Nice way to brodge the gap between D and C hope we will have the same from C to B !

4 Likes

Why have the Makuri Pace Partners been removed? Was a nice change from the flat route/watopia waistband C mix. Not sure why youd go backward on expanding to other worlds.

19 Likes

We’ve added new ones into Watopia to give you the full range of pacing.

I’ll be changing the routes for all 7 weekly.

We currently have a maximum limit of 8.

12 Likes

Yes, I loved Coco @ Flatland Loop :scream::cry::pray:t3:

6 Likes

@shooj and @James_Zwift please ask ZHQ to reconsider the removal of the makuri pace partners.

9 Likes

@Paul_Cooper_SZR it’s a temporary thing. When I say they are going to change each week, I don’t mean on a 3 course rotation, I mean on a 20 week rotation with a mix of flat, rolling and hilly routes across ALL 7 Pace Partners.

7 Likes

For some reason I prefer them in Makuri.

9 Likes

Fair enough - The numbers are around 20% of what they are in Watopia.

1 Like

That might have been why some preferred them in Makuri, smaller group?

8 Likes

Almost certainly because people don’t realise they’re available off rotation (and all people without the new home screen couldn’t do so anyway).

6 Likes
  • Pedal assist will now last 10 seconds (up from 5 seconds) and last up to 60 seconds if no power is detected.

Yay! I did a Pace Partner ride on rollers last week and had forgotten how sketchy it was to join them (I usually ride a direct-drive trainer now).

• Additionally, the 4 Pace Partners found in Makuri will be taken offline and will remain offline for the foreseeable future.

BOOOOOOOOO! Why? That last rotation with Neokyo routes was damn good fun.

7 Likes

Zwifters - We want more Pace Partners at different levels

Zwift - Ok there are 4 more on Makuri

Zwifters - What is the point… we want slower PP

Zwift - Ok we will test slower PP on watopia so everyone can try them

Zwifters - We want pace partners on Makuri

You will never win @James_Zwift :rofl: :rofl:

22 Likes

Everyone - My main goal here is to determine (with real data) the most popular routes in Watopia, per pace. This is going to take a period of time but will result in the most popular routes per partner being used in the longer term.

You have been screaming out for slower paced partners every since I joined in November. You now have them.

The move away from Makuri is not permanent.

27 Likes

Thank you for your valuable input. People are asking for information and youre not helping.

Isnt that the whole point of a forum?

Anyway back to zwifting. First and last time on the forum.

2 Likes

Don’t you think this is mostly due to the Makuri PP not being available on Makuri off days… unless you have the new UI? With only PC/Mac users having the new UI, that surely brings numbers down.

Not that I’m fighting for them to come back to Makuri or anything. Just an observation.

6 Likes

I think your quote might be a bit out :slight_smile:

I think it is partly due to that, but not the whole reason. I think some of it was down to poor route selection (which I corrected 2 weeks ago which led to an increase of approx 20%) but I think that also the “flat” routes in Makuri aren’t that flat and the most popular PP routes are pan flat.

1 Like