Changes to Pace Partners [May 2022]

Great addition - look forwarding to riding with Diego and Danny :+1:

Thank you

1 Like

Adding E to D and bridging D to C seem like good changes to me. More would be better, but if there’s a limit of 8 as mentioned above, and the data support the demand for the new levels, then the changes make sense to me. (Better to rely on the data than on forum posts.) My guess is that the limit of 8 will go away in time and we’ll see more options of all kinds.

1 Like

I’m done for the night. Back tomorrow for round 2 :wink:

8 Likes

Is there a way to set a delayed joining of the Pace Partner or to have an extended warm up period prior to having to be at the appropriate pace? The faster groups are great, but not immediately after starting the ride.

I have previously broken my ride into two rides (not ideal).

1 Like

i need a pace bot that rides at somewhere between 3.211-3.586 wkg and spikes to 17-21wkg for 0.2-1.7 seconds at the precise moment i look away from my pc screen to catch a slow mo replay of some short track speed skaters going ■■■■ over heels on eurosport

8 Likes

Glad to see some new routes for the pace partners! They are fast becoming one of my favorite parts of the game. Also I know cycling is the priority but for me including some new running pacers around 7 min mile and 9 min miles would be great additions and i would certainly use them more :+1::man_running:t4:

2 Likes

No worries. I’ll happily consider it.

5 Likes

Let me know what speeds you want in kph (I’ve been working for 14 hours and my brain doesn’t work) and I’ll see what I can do.

5 Likes

While I will not ride with these additional pace partners I wish there as one between coco and Brevet. I get it is a not a one size fits all but would be cool if we can have our own pace partner that we could setup like a meetup.

4 Likes

Sound good the new changes James, thanks for your work!

3 Likes

If you want to create some route achievments with pace partners I would be ok with that :wink:. IE: ride 2 hours or X amount of laps with Coco.

3 Likes

Anquetil on Beach Island loop is a good choice for me. I can hang with her on the flat, but generally she is deployed on a course with 5 min climbs…

2 Likes

Gut feeling is that the D Bots and Coco on Tempus Fugit will always be popular and one should always be available there, as well as one of the flatter Neokyo routes.
Coco on Ocean Lava Cliffside Loop, now that is interesting!

Vote with your wheels!

3 Likes

If not permanent then this is good James. However, the message was posted that “Additionally, the 4 Pace Partners found in Makuri will be taken offline and will remain offline for the foreseeable future.” Please send new global message that it’s just temporary. Cheers. T.

1 Like

In the draft of the Coco bunch on Tempus it’s typically like 2.3-2.4w/kg vs advertised 2.5 w/kg. Bowie bunch is like 2.7w/kg on the flats and 3.2 w/kg on the climbs vs the advertised 3.3 w/kg. Not a massive gap at all, assuming you’re not on the limit w/Coco.

2 Likes

I’d say James only has 8 hamsters to go around, and he’s figuring out the best way to utilise them which will help him build a case for more!

I don’t know a single Zwifter who wanted a slower Pace Partner. Everyone I know wanted something between Coco and Bowie.

1 Like

More options = more good.
So from the lowest wattage going up, there will be:
86 watts (Dorothy)
125 watts (Dan)
135 watts (Diego)
161 watts (Danny)
and 165 watts (Coco)

Well I’ve just started riding with pace partners and was wishing for something between 1.6 and 2.5 so I’m very happy now.

PPs are great for those days when I want to train at a certain level but the group ride events available when I’m able to ride are at the wrong pace. More graduation of pace gives me better control of my training plan.

I did like Makuri because it still feels fresher than Watopia but frankly I’m more focused on the pace I’m riding at than where I’m riding.

4 Likes

Well I do. Join the slower pace partners a week after the launch and find out. Your bubble probably includes more faster riders. My guess is some D train riders will go up to 1.8w/kg, and riders new to pace partners will join 1.15w/kg. The latter may take more time to discover that the option exists.

5 Likes