Category Enforcement Issue – Weight Bug?

I have been off the bike since the begining of December. At that stage I was midpack B, since then I am 5 kg heftier and when I go to join any event I am auto categories to Cat A!
I have done no weight tinkering as with the other examples and have simply added on a bit of timber. No way after 4 months with no riding that I will be able to even sit in at the back of a Cat A race. Anyone have any ideas?

Did you just ride on Zwift so that Zwift can get some data?

1 Like

If you do rides where you attempt best efforts at 3, 5, 12, 20, and 30 minutes, you’ll probably have the most accurate categorization you can get. The durations shorter than 3 minutes probably don’t matter a lot. The data is on your profile if you go to my.zwift.com. Click on MORE INFO and it will show the dates of the peak power records, which you may be able to correlate with rides you have done. My guess is your power curve may be based on limited data. That can produce strange results.

1 Like

You’ve been off the bike for almost 3 months so that data shouldn’t matter.
Just do some group rides, work outs and pace partner rides and the new algorithm will reclassify you correctly.

2 Likes

I am really struggling to understand why i am cat A Catagory Enforcement when i am am clearly a B on Zwift Power
From what i can see CE is using the wrong weight as all the powers are correct

1 Like

20 min at 5.22w/kg, right. @JD_Gorilla_GXY your a B

1 Like

Is there any chance you have allowed somebody else to try Zwift on your account and changed the weight setting at the same time.

Two similar examples in third post on this thread.

Here’s the ZwiftPower profile for Mr Gorilla:

The raw watts match CE, but in ZwiftPower his weight has been over 80 kg the whole time, whereas the CE calculation seems to use a weight of 58 kg for some powers.

If you click on MORE INFO it will show you the dates of the rides that resulted in those peak power values. Every ride counts toward CE, not just races, so you can never alter the rider weight without potential consequences for your racing category.

1 Like

either you have lost 25kg or so and improved dramatically or someone else used your account who weights around 59kg

My son has been on my accoubt and changed my weight.
I checked back on all my zwiftpower and it hasnt changed.
He mist have logged out before finish of wvent.
Prroblem is CE seem to be calculating on my sons weight even when its an event i competed in myself at 84kg
No idea what to do

Since all rides count toward CE, not finishing an event doesn’t matter. The CE values are based on the weight at the time of the PR. (EDIT: correction, see below about weight averaging) Contact Zwift support and tell them, or wait 60 days from whatever date it says the PR happened. If your son is 15 or under he can also have a free account.

1 Like

I have clicked on the more info and checked back and all the events that the wkg are shown on CE have been done by me at 84kg but wkg have been calculated at 58 kg

1 Like

@James_Zwift can you help me
See thread above

Even if you and your son had your wts straight, your racing account would have invalid data.
If you’re going to race, you should be more responsible.
I’m not so sure 60 days of racing cat A is an inappropriate punishment.
I would rather have ZHQ fixing their own problems rather the ones that you created for yourself.

1 Like

Well he can just race non-CE events in B with no issues, so it’s not like he’s forced to race in A. There are still many options on the calendar for non-CE races. I have compassion for people who are confused by how CE works. It’s not entirely obvious, which we know from the number of people who show up here with the same issue, not understanding what happened.

1 Like

The weight used in the CE calculation isn’t the weight at the time of the ride according to this post Category Enforcement Update - Weight Changes [December 2022] it’s an average of weights around the time.

If your kid is 15 or under there is no excuse you should just get a free account for them. If they are over you should really pay for an account or they will have to start riding with a weight penalty. It is really good of Zwift (or evil and it is to get them hooked) to offer free accounts for kids, I’m going to have to start paying for my kid later this year :sob:.

2 Likes

I agree with all the points above. I take responsibility for my som unfortunately thay are still using his weight on my efforts which i font gey but it is what it is
I think that CE is a great improvement and support it 100% even if i get nailed.
I wantto race in CE as it’s important to keep racing fair. If i have to i will race as best i can in the Cat im allowed tben so be it

2 Likes

You can also go after PRs for 3, 5, 12 and 20 minutes. Each of those PR will then reset one of those 4 weight data points and will increase the average weight used for the zFTP and category calculation.

1 Like