Can't U-Turn [October 2021] [1.18.0]

When I time it just right and trigger the issue, I get the exact symptoms and behavior already mentioned. However, if instead, I just wait about 5-10 seconds after completing a route (as I did on other, separate test rides), I find the U-Turn functions normally and there is no issue. This suggests we have a workaround for the issue when completing a route.

Workaround (when completing a route):
When completing a route, I suggest waiting 5-10 seconds after crossing the finish line/arch before attempting a U-Turn.

Unfortunately the workaround does not appear to be that simple.

I have gone through the finish banner on Road to Sky/Alpe du Zwift twice since the update and hit the issue both times. Neither time did I trigger the U-turn within 5-10 seconds of going through the finish arch at the top.

The last time I reproduced this issue, I hit the flat section after the finish banner at about 1hr 11 mins elapsed time. I did not trigger the U-turn till I was down again around turn 3, at about 1 hr 20 mins elapsed time into the ride.

So I still hit the bug after 9 mins.

Happy to provide logs/screenshots if that helps.

Edit: Screenshot of speed from Strava attached with a silhouette of the Alpe elevation in the background. The finish arch is at the top of the ascent. You can see the point at which the speed starts to flatline at 24kph until the end of the ride - it starts on the downhill segment of the Alpe. So a signifcant time after completing the ascent and going through the finish banner before going round the flat segment at the top and descending again.

4 Likes