Cadence and Power

Hello, I am new to zwift so I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask question. I am using a classic supported trainer, more exactly the TacX Blue Matic, so I have a lever for resistance. There are 10 levels with 700W max power resistance. I want to know what level should I ride on and what gears to be able to have a high cadence( let s say around 80-90 rpm) but also a good Watts. I saw that if I push over 250W cadence is usually low, but if I change the gears and resistance level to be able to pedal faster the speed drops down really hard. Maybe I am just too weak to get a high cadence at also high power but as it is a classic trainer and not a smart one it s worth asking for some advices. Thanks

when paring your trainer speed sensor and you pick your trainer you will see a number that number id your resistance lever number, I think it is number 3.

You should never move the resistance lever.

change your bike gears to make more power. Big front and small rear should give the most power.

2 Likes

Yes, I saw that number 3 when selecting the hometrainer but did not know what it was about. So yeah I was changing the resistance :sweat_smile:. Will keep this in mind next time I ride thanks a lot for helping. And I really enjoy zwift, one and only reason this whole quarantine situation helped cause it got me researching more and find out that I don t need a smart trainer

1 Like