Bodytone SMB1 V2 - Informations resistances automatic

Bonjour à tous,

Je compte me lancer sur zwift, mais étant limité en place et budget je vais me contenter d’un vélo spinning (pas terrible par rapport à un home training mais on fait ce qu’on peut avec la place qu’on a).

Néanmoins, j’aimerai être proche de la réalité c’est à dire la gestion de pente “automatique” en fonction de la piste choisie sur Zwift, c’est un critère hyper important pour le cardio sans avoir à agir manuellement dessus (et donc sans tricher).

Du coup je me suis rapproché des vélos dit “SMART connecté” et généralement en bluetooth.

Donc je fais appel a vous, experts que vous êtes, pour savoir si j’achète le Bodytone SMB1 V2 à 800 euros, va t’il fonctionner correctement avec Zwift ? Et surtout sur le côté resistance automatique.

Des avis ? des idées ? Et surtout un retour d’expérience de personnes qui possèdent ce matériel serait un plus pour moi.

Merci et a bientot sur la piste !

Good morning all,

I plan to get started on zwift, but being limited in terms of space and budget, I will settle for a spinning bike (not great compared to home training but we do what we can with the space we have).

However, I would like to be close to reality, that is to say the “automatic” slope management according to the track chosen on Zwift, this is a very important criterion for cardio without having to act manually on it (and therefore without cheating).

So I got closer to the so-called “SMART connected” bikes and generally in bluetooth.

So I appeal to you, experts that you are, to find out if I buy the Bodytone SMB1 V2 for 800 euros, will it work correctly with Zwift? And especially on the automatic resistance side.

Opinions ? ideas ? And above all, feedback from people who own this material would be a plus for me.

Thank you and see you soon on the trail!

There is a similar thread from earlier this year: Road bike with smart trainer vs. dedicated 'spin bike' - #16 by mark_dennison

Seems to suggest that the bike will support automatic resistance control (as well as manual adjustment) during free rides to match the gradient. Though there appears to be no ERG mode, so workouts will require you to manually adjust the resistance to match the target power. Though more in depth reviews apart from some sales fluff online appear to be difficult to find.

1 Like

Sadly it doesn’t seem to work properly,

I got a replacement unit of the smb1 after the first one was doa.

The replacement does react to gradient changes but adjust e.g. shifting doesn’t work. The bike adjust for a second but immediately goes back to whatever data is being sent by the app.

Weirdly enough in bkool you can adjust as long as you are on an incline, but on a flat you seem to be stuck on the easiest resistance.

Customer care isn’t helping, takes days to respond and generally doesn’t seem to have a clue about their machines.

I would not recommend getting the smb1 for zwift, or at all.

P.S. i have the v2

I have the Bodytone SMB1 V2.

You may link the “Power Source”, the “Cadence” and the “Controllable” options from Zwift. With these settings:

• In “Free Ride” mode: Zwift will control the resistance on the bike, you will feel the resistance changes on the slopes and the flat parts.
  • In “Workout” mode: it will work the same but there is no difference between slopes or flat. So completely useless. Zwift expect you to increase the wattage without the application increasing the resistance, so the only way is to increase the cadence, at some point imposible since you are already at 120rpm or more.

With these settings, the issue is that you cannot manually adjust the resistance. So you cannot “change gears” so to speak, to adjust your resistance or cadence to the terrain you are in Zwift. You are locked to the resistance Zwift sets for that part of the road. In my case, too easy for the flat parts. Going 100rpm and not hitting 30km/h.

You may link the “Power Source” and the “Cadence” but not the “Controllable” options. With these settings:

• “Free Ride” and “Workout” mode work the same way. Zwift will compute your speed based on the resistance you set in your bike, your wattage and the slope in Zwift. So if you set your bike with, let say, level 15 resistance, doing 250w will give 30km/h on a flat surface or 20km/h on a 5% ramp (my numbers are not real).

With these settings you can manually adjust the resistance on the fly using the controls on your bike while in Zwift, but you will lose the automatic resistance change based on the slope in the Zwift world.

I’m trying to contact some technical guy at Bodytone to discuss about this. I will post if I get into something.

Summaryzing. Is not the ideal bike because of the missing “change gears” option within the bike while the resistance is being crontrolled by Zwift.

3 Likes

Bonjour Damien,

J’ai la même question que toi …
Du coup as tu acheté la Bodytone SMB1 V2 ?

Merci et à bientôt
Julien

Le SMB1 est déconseillé au vue des tests Youtube et autre.
Je conseille les deux vélos suivants : zycle smart zbike ou IC8 SCHWINN

Zycle gère la résistance tout seul, mais produit cher et espagnol ce qui fait que le SAV est galère
IC8 (allemand) gère pas la résistance tout seul, mais il calcule les watts en fonction des pentes sur le logiciel zwift ce qui fait que pour aller plus vite (+ de watts) t’oblige à jouer le jeu et monter la résistance manuellement sinon tu avances pas (effet de pente)

L’IC8 est à décathlon, niveau SAV c’est je pense mieux, et surtout support tablette, que le Zycle n’a pas.

1 Like

merci pour ta réponse !

aussi le Zycle à la possibilité de changer de vitesse comme sur un vrai plateau, alors que le IC8 ne le permet pas (pas bp le permettent sauf des vélos à 2.000 euros)

Ok je vais voir. Le Zycle c’est pas le même budget.
Dommage pour le bodytone SMB1-V2, j’avais bien accroché. Mais si Zwift ne marche pas correctement , ça perd de son intéret effectivement.

1 Like

Hello,

Après des heures de recherche d’un smartbike avec controle de résistance à un budget “convenable” c’est à dire moins de 1000€, j’ai opté pour le Bodytone SMB1 V2 (reconnaissable par son cercle rainbow sur son carénage). Je l’ai trouvé d’occasion sur leboncoin pour 400€.

Je confirme que Kinomap et Zwift controlent la résistance du vélo automatiquement. Aucune manipulation est à faire pendant l’utilisation. Je n’ai pas encore testé Bkool.
Ça ne fait qu’un jour que je l’ai, et plutot satisfaite en l’état.
Si questions plus précises sur le vélo, je pourrais y répondre

Bonjour Marie-Aline, j’ai lu votre commentaire. Après quelques mois d’utilisation, que pensez-vous de Bodytone SMB1 V2?
J’hésite à l’acheter.

Merci