Auto selection of controllable trainer

Anyone from Zwift ?

Nearly 9 months and no sign of a fix !

Please fix it !

Anyone from zwift - please fix !

1 Like

This seems to be the root issue we are struggling with as well. My husband rides on a smart trainer (using Trainer Road) and I am on the older “dumb trainer” on Zwift. I let him get going on his ride but as soon as I open Zwift it instantly grabs his “controllable” trainer and kicks him off and bypasses my Kinetic INRoad non controllable which has been used for the past many many rides. He gets furious at Zwift because inevitably it is in the middle of something at 200% of FTP for him and I get frustrated. This has to be something that can be fixed???

1 Like

Hi Blair,
not sure if this would help and I guess you may have already tried, but . . .
would it be possible to run one system through bluetooth and the other via
Ant+ ?

Makes no difference, it grabs whatever it can grab…

Seems like such an easy fix: just remember last selection…

Anyone from Zwift ? Please fix !!!

I raised this issue among a few others in a support post a few months back, in the form “would it be possible to perhaps look into…”, and got a firm “no” as an answer.

Don’t hold your breath. The dual-app use is a corner case for Zwift, and forcing the pairing probably prevents more support calls than it generates.

I can appreciate it even though annoying :slight_smile:

Thanks for replying.

I had the same problem earlier this week. I have two smart trainers…
…Zwift was pairing to my trainer for the cadence and power, and to my wife’s for the “controllable” connection. So, I was recording power and cadence just fine, but cycling up Alpe de Zwift in top gear.
Easy to fix when you know what’s going on - but why doesn’t the Zwift startup connect everything to the same smart trainer; it makes absolutely no sense to connect to separate machines?
And, yes, my wife’s Zwift account was making its “controllable” pairing with my bike.

Has this been resolved yet? I mean we run the same sensors over and over why aren’t they remembered?

You should be able to force controllable to NOT connect.
This is very annoying.

Hi @Jari_Turunen

Welcome to the forum.

May I ask why would you want to ride without controllable connected?

Sometimes if you’re following a workout on a different app or if you want to use the trainers app to change resistance as you ride (kind of building a workout as you go) then you’d want to not pair it to zwift.

Thank you for the welcome.
As Chris said, I would like to use another app for resistance control.

1 Like

That make sense but users that does this is in the minority so I would assume Zwift make it easy for the majority that use power and controllable.

but it would be nice if Zwift remembers the last saved ride configuration.

Would seem pretty easy to code up to auto connect first time when no controllable trainer has been connected but if you disconnect it then remember the id of that trainer and don’t auto connect again. Or even some advanced prefs section.