Anti sandbagging and other areas that need development and communication

Today is when Flint said a separate post would be made detailing some aspects of the test events. Chill yo beans.

3 Likes

7 Likes

You could be right but it’s a bit of a guess extrapolating from real life, where races are relatively rare and points easily lost during a long off season, to zwift where there are literally dozens of races per day and anyone reasonably keen will be racing on a weekly basis or at least monthly. Rowing handled the problem of newbies by having a novice category only for those who had never won, you didn’t go back there even if all your points expired. So long as there are enough races (with enough points handed out) then the system doesn’t get jammed with lots of people who’ve never got a single point.

Of course both these approaches are basically trying to do much the same thing, ranking the riders in order of performance. But I think it’s worth questioning what the real underlying goal of this is, in order to make sure that the system is focussing on what really matters.

2 Likes

OMG GUYS

5 Likes

Give me about… 2-4 hours or thereabouts. “Morning-ish” in this case was a bit hopeful, but to continue the trend started in my last post on Friday:

“A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.”

Edit: the post will be a separate thread. I’m not gonna link a huge information piece more than 3000 comments deep; I want as many people as possible to see it.

14 Likes

way off topic, but did you see the commercial for the new LOTR movie or series that will be on Amazon Prime? I saw it during the super bowl last night, looks amazing!

1 Like

As a massive LOTR fan and a millennial without cable, I’ve opted for media blackout on the Rings of Power so as not to set any kind of bias ahead of time. Going in fully blind.

3 Likes

The hobbit films were so bad though. Still can’t understand how the CGI in those looks worse than in the original trilogy.

1 Like

Separate post. New thread. Check.

Perhaps drop a comment in here pointing us at it.

1 Like

Found one

4 Likes

And are you cat A? :grinning:

1 Like

Nope, C and I’m restricted from entering D!

3 Likes

Well, looks like that test was successful, time to release it fully! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

22 posts were merged into an existing topic: Category Enforcement Test Events - 21-28 Feb 2022

A post was merged into an existing topic: Category Enforcement Test Events - 21-28 Feb 2022

There’s a lot of them. All different courses.

Well it’s denied me anything except A or E so for a start it is working on my profile numbers

You mean like this?

8 Likes

Importantly not the ZP categories. It seems like an improvement on that though, so all good.

1 Like

Why is CAT A such a large range 4.0 - 6.0 :roll_eyes:how can this be a fair race if you have two racers at each end of the spectrum.