Anti sandbagging and other areas that need development and communication

Come on guys. Nearly there.

1 Like

don’t threaten me with a good time

1 Like

Yes been a while since I checked in. Anything new in the last 999 posts?

1 Like

We’ve made it! 2000 posts basically asking for the exact same thing. There’s been some great discussion, mostly consensus, and hey, maybe one day Zwift will help us to talk about something else.

13 Likes

I can’t believe you took my 2000th post @gloscherrybomb. I am shocked and hurt and shocked.
I’ll take the 3000th OK?

3 Likes

Deal! (sorry)

Is this the largest thread in the forum?

yep usually anything else that generates such strong user opinion gets closed down but this is our safe place to vent it seems :smiley:

1 Like

So now there are intermediate sprints in this thread as well?

3 Likes

Definitely one of my proudest achievements.

4 Likes

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: L39ION Crit Series: Cat Enforcement Please

Worry not, nothing new in the last 999 posts except venting, me included. Nothing changes really, same old cheating, non-action etc I still dream of a Utopia of fair racing etc but my dreams of fairness will not be realised this year or the next

@James_Zwift

It seems Zwift is focused on not offending anybody ever. Impossible. You can’t please all the people all the time…

Would auto-category assignment offend someone? Very likely. But the current voluntary system is also hurting peoples feelings - with the perfect example case of B Wallsy.

New racers entering the wrong category are a corner case. The majority of the problem are the multiple repeat offenders who knowingly enter lower categories.

Automatic pen placement is needed - and has been for years.

It doesn’t even have to be for every race. Leave “Auto-Cat” as an option for race organizers. Maybe then there is something for everyone.

I do like the idea of a race licensing ride: An FTP test, at the end of which you get a Race License Badge, race entry is “unlocked”, and perhaps a bonus in XP or Drops is awarded.

3 Likes

I like this but instead of FTP test it is qualifying races. A few mass start races each week where new and seasoned racers go head to head.

2 Likes

In either instance, I don’t see how this would be better to prevent sandbagging. You’re relegating categorization to a specific event that the participant would know is exclusively for the purpose of assigning them to a category for their next real race?

1 Like

For sure someone could sandbag the Race Licensing ride. It would only be intended to help beginning riders who honestly don’t know what their FTP is, or even what FTP means.

1 Like

Nothing will prevent sandbagging. People will always find ways to cheat or “work” the system. Once every one (including those not on ZP) is in the correct pen Sandbaggers will find it harder to win.

4 Likes

How about if there were six categories? It would be more interesting and help people stretch their capabilities. It also might shake out the sandbaggers.

A+
Low A+ and High A
Low A and High B
Low B and High C
Low C and High D
D

I moved us here not the disrupt the L39ION crit chat.

Even if you split it into 6 different categories soon you will get people just sitting at the top of their cat and sandbag to stay there.

You can’t stop people managing their 20min efforts, but the very nature of those riders mean they remain within the cat limits.

It’s the people who blast through the Cat limits race after race which need curbing…

You can go in any well attended race and look at the sandbaggers who do it race after race…

Currently their racing experience is prioritised over those who are trying to do it the right way.

3 Likes