ANNOUNCING: Chasing Tour 2023

@James_Zwift can this be sorted out? This is the sort of community innovation and level of effort that needs to be supported.

1 Like

Correct. The original intention was to use CE but given that most of the time zone’s events are setup through club events its not possible. For that reason we will use ZwiftPower categories to sort race results at event completion.

Also, club events can only be created through the companion app and it takes 3-4 minutes per event x the number of time zones. This makes it very difficult for me to support more than 4 time zones.

1 Like

What’s the magic word?

I can look again tomorrow. The original request looked like ten hours work (which is too much) when it could be largely managed within clubs by the organiser with one public slot each day.

Is it Pleaze?

1 Like

“Venmo” :grinning:

1 Like

I’m afraid we can’t add the 360+ requested events to the Public Calendar.

1. It’s a colossal amount of work
  2. We’re currently reviewing the Public Calendar and it’s likely that a number of these events wouldn’t meet our criteria
  3. Whilst it’s a nice idea I wouldn’t necessarily call it innovative above and beyond what has been done before

Having said all the above, a big thanks to Jonathan for all the work that I know he has put into this but I’m afraid I can’t justify spending 10+ hours setting up one series when we have so many other people to look after too.

In about 12 months time, we are hopeful to have our events system in a position where it is possible for club owners to be able to fiully customise all their events so that this becomes less of an issue.

Thanks James. From my perspective, I appreciate you all supporting 1 public time slot and I’ve figured out how to manage the rest through clubs.

1 Like

Thanks for all your hard work Jonathan.

:face_with_peeking_eye:

I’ve made some changes to the supported race times. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

1 Like

Is it possible to create a calendar ics file? This will make it so much easier to ensure we don’t miss events

I’ve registered at the web site, should I also join a club on Companion ?

1 Like

Fantastic! This series looks really fun, but none of the original times would’ve worked for me. Now, there is, and I look forward to getting my butt kicked in some of these races!

2 Likes

Still have a start time for pst time zone unlike the last summer which not possible. So midday works mostly unless something comes up as the. There still is the last start slot in pst afternoon. Which is out of peak usage hours so slower times.

Thanks. I got some really helpful feedback from the community that helped me optimize the event time slots.

1 Like

Yes, you can join the Chasing Racing club in the companion app. That will allow you to see all the Chasing Tour events within the normal Zwift Events feeds on desktop and mobile.

2 Likes

Yes, its on my to do list to convert the race schedule into a problem calendar file.

2 Likes

How is assignment to my club for the team classification ensured?

Any chance create a Handcycle category? If just for bragging rights?