ANNOUNCING: Chasing Tour 2023

Nice!

1 Like

Looking at the Zwift Insider comments, you can’t please everyone. I applaud you for setting everything up and trying. I’m definitely in for the one day races and short tours. Idk if I have the time available for the grand tours, but it should be fun. Check out the ranking on the Zwift Racing app site. The way they do it, definitely made for a good race

@jmorin
Sounds like a great series of event.

Quick question on Cats, I read on Zwift Insider that races will be mass start and then results will be broken down to A, B, and C cats with C including riders from 1.0 to 3.2 w/kg. Is that correct? If so, is there a technical reason not have D cat split out separately for results? It’s a pretty big range of ability from 1.0 to 3.2.

@jmorin , why some riders, linked to our club in ZP, are linked to ‘‘null’’ in the Chasing Tour ? How can we do the modification for our riders ?

Can you use the Contact Us form on the website to send me some details and I’ll look into it.

Are you considering implementing PD4 (in its current state) from the start, or will you just wait until it becomes the new default (probably sometime during the series)?

It looks like a great event and would like to participate but the time slots don’t really suit those in Australia.

@jmorin interesting concept, thanks for putting in the effort.
What do you propose to do about riders who are clearly in the wrong cat?
I joined C today as I’m ranked Silver, but the podium had two gold 2 & 3 riders… ??

1 Like

I rode today’s first race, really challenging and enjoyable. Kudos for getting this set up, I’m sure it’s a tonne of pain. Was surprised to see this described as a Group Race though in the companion app - does this mean we won’t get ranking points on ZP? I would have to reconsider committing all my race time to this if effort and results aren’t going to be reflected in the same way that other races are.

You need to take that up with Zwift - they weren’t willing to set up this number of races, and you can’t do it manually through club events.

That said, they are all reflected in ZwiftRacing.app which is far more rewarding than the dodgy AF ZP ranking system anyway.

3 Likes

I signed up to ride the 19:00 UTC ride today but when I went into Zwift, the event didn’t show up and so I couldn’t join and missed the event. Has this happened to anyone else? It’s super frustrating to plan for this and then not even be able to join it.

This is a fairly common bug. The fix is to go into Companion, unjoin the event and rejoin it.

I tried doing that and it didn’t work.

Did you go to a Free Ride?

Sometimes Club Events will not show up on Main Menu Screen.

1 Like

Club events don’t seem to show up in the main menu, so as Dejan suggested, going into a free ride will allow you to join the event using the button in the bottom left hand corner.

Yep, doing a free ride and clicking the “Join Event” button worked. Thanks for the info and just in time! I’m not sure why this is the chosen approach for joining a club ride that I’ve registered for and shows up in the companion app like every other event I register for. I suppose this is probably how I was joining ZRL and DIRT Racing Series events, but never realized it because I always started a free ride first to warm up. Regardless, I’m sure lots of newbies are probably confused by the non-intuitive steps one needs to take and miss out on events like this.

Hi, Simon. I was one of the three you refer. Chasing in the beginning was a Zwiftpower Category Series. In the last days they have decided to swap to zwiftracing.app. I don’t know why. Now we got Zp, CE and this. I like zwiftracing.app but when I saw I had lost one point finishing third in a wahoo Le Col Race I tought something had to be done. Now they say the classment will be adjusted using Zr.app. Will be a monumental work. I don’t know. It’ a beatiful series but I think the results will be a mess. We’ll see. Ride on.

I joined a club event today. No issues with joining from the home screen. This has worked for me with events in other clubs as well. I never join from a free ride. I wonder if there’s something different about the event configuration.

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 08.38.56

Possibly for clubs that you don’t belong to, but simply join their events through url sharing?

1 Like

Oliver, I think you’re right. I didn’t even realize until after my ride yesterday that The Chasing Tour has a group. I just joined that so we’ll see whether the next event shows on the home screen. I still do think it’s weird that the event showed up in the upcoming events on the companion app but not within the Zwift app. That’s an inconsistency that I don’t think should exist. I’d expect them to be the same and would find the user experience to be better if the home screen included registered events, even if the user is not part of the group. Anyway, thanks for all the help!

1 Like