Android Supported Devices (UPDATED: Dec 22, 2019)

A mi en el huawei p20 pro me funciona perfectamente

Using a Google Pixel 4 XL. Zwift runs great on it, but the companion app and Zwift drop bluetooth connection to Wahoo Speed and Cadence sensors in almost a regular cycle. Connects for a second, signal strength goes down over 2-5 seconds, disconnects, (usually) reconnects, signal strength goes down for 2-5 seconds, disconnects. Sometimes I have to reset bluetooth and restart Zwift for the reconnect to happen, but it quickly goes back to this cycle. Signal strength in the Wahoo app is solid at 3 bars and that is what Zwift initially connects at and then steps down to 2, 1, none, disconnect.

Zwift and the connection to the Wahoo Speed and Cadence sensors work great with no signal strength issues when connected over ANT using Pixel 4 XL with an Anker USB C to USB A adapter with the Wahoo ANT USB dongle plugged into it.

Adds an extra $30 to the setup, and is sort of in the way on my handlebars. Other than lack of convenience the only real downside is it is not a pass through adapter for charging so the phone can die if my ride is more than an hour or so.

Anne, I have my Pixel 4 XL set up on the Garmin ANT stick (Amazon.com) connected through an Anker USB C to USB 3 adapter (Amazon.com).

I installed THREE ANT services to get it to work:

1. ANT+ Plugins Services (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus&hl=en_US)

2. ANT USB Service (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus&hl=en_US)

3. ANT Radio Service (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.service.socket)

Accepted all permission requests and restarted the phone. After that I could select the ANT icon on the left hand side of the Zwift Paired Devices screen. I left BT and ANT ā€œpulsingā€ and I get a quick pairing with both of my Wahoo Speed and Cadence sensors now whenever I start Zwift up.

3 Likes

Box tv android com estas caracterĆ­sticas *Arm64-v8a ABI (arquitetura Arm64)

• 1 Gig de RAM mĆ­nimo
  • OpenGL ES 3.0 ou superior
  • Android 7.0 ou superior. Vai dar para pedalar na tv box android ?
    Android tv box with these features * Arm64-v8a ABI (Arm64 architecture)
  • 1 Gig minimum RAM
  • OpenGL ES 3.0 or higher
  • Android 7.0 or higher. Will you be able to pedal on the android tv box?

For anyone interested both Zwift and the companion app work on the Huawei m6 tablet. The tablet doesnā€™t come with Google play installed though so it is a faff about to side load it.

1 Like

I have Redmi note 8 Pro, Garmn speed and cadence sensors V2, I connect sensors via bluetooh.

At the same time, the speed and cadence sensors do not show data in Zwift, only the last connected.

In another application on the same phone, on a laptop, everything is ok.

Hello, I am a total newbie and total techno phobe. I am currently awaiting delivery of a tread mill (Sportstech F37) it was within my budget.
Now I have stumbled upon Zwift and this may be a game changer for my future running.
I donā€™t own a pc or mac, or ipad.
I do however have a firestick and I know how to screen mirror (however this might not always be a possible option family TV). I have a Zwift footpod. I am about to upgrade my mobile phone, I have a huawei, but prefer samsung and have been looking at Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, is this phone compatable just to use with zwift or would an iphone be better? Or is a tablet purchase in order and if so which one would be most cost effective I would only use it for zwift. Sorry for so many questions but thank you in anticipation. UK runner.

Tracy, the Samsung S20 Plus isnā€™t currently on the supported list most likely as itā€™s a new phone. Email suport@zwift.com to see if itā€™s supported. Iā€™m going to assume that it being one of Samsungā€™s new flagship phones it will be supported. Iā€™ve got a Zwift footpod as well along with a Pixel 3 phone. I finally got everything connected on a gym treadmill a couple days before quarantine went into affect.

Iā€™d suggest staying away from a tablet as it doesnā€™t run on many current ones (for example the new Samsung Tab A)

Iā€™m wondering if your Sportstech might work directly with Zwift. It isnā€™t on their list of supported treadmills. The F37 looks to be a newer treadmill so you never knowā€¦Zwift How-To: Choosing a Treadmill that Works with Zwift | Zwift
However Amazonā€™s review of the F37 lists as one of itā€™s Pros - Connectivity with apps and other devices for a more interactive and interesting run

My Samsung TabA doesnt work so i am trying to find a mid price tab that does. The first list is all phones. Do i have to go through this list of 529 posts to see if there is a decent tab compatible with your program?
Where is your customer support? I maybe cancelling after your free month.

Will Zwift ever work on Nvidia Shield TV? It works on Apple TV 4K so why no support for the Shield?

Hello, I donā€™t think it works, since the processor does not comply with Arm64-v8a ABI (Arm64 architecture), I have tried several options of android tv box, I have not found one that works, apparently the swift apk is only for devices 64-bit.

Install the aida64 apk and look at the characteristics of the cpu comply with arm64, which does not say 32-bit mode

hola, instala la apk ant test y comprueba que tengas instalados las apk necesarias para que funcione

Iā€™m posting on this forum for the first time.

I would never have gotten there if you hadnā€™t written reboot, thank you so much Bob.
The Garmin Instinct heart rate monitor (ANT+) worked with the Xperia XZ3.

I am using the following hardware.

• Garmin Instinct
  • Sony Xperia XZ3 (SO-01L) Android 10
  • AZ4U ANT+ USB dongle, mini type
  • Rampow USB Type C to USB 3.0 Conversion Adapter

Install the following apps and then reboot my smartphone (very important!)

• ANT+ Plugin Service
  • ANT USB Service
  • ANT Radio Service

In my case, I couldnā€™t pick up the HRM signal with Zwift unless I rebooted my smartphone after installing the above application.

I searched the forums for three days to pick up ANT+ HRM in Zwift and reinstalled the ANT app over and over again but no luck. I thought I had to build ANT plugins from source and debug them, but I could use them easily after rebooting!!

The ANT Tester app still indicates to check ā€œPermisson > Additional permissions > use ANT hardwareā€ to resolve a problem with the ANT Radio Service, and the ANT HAL Service indicates Not Found, but Iā€™m using the ANT+ heart rate monitor with Zwift without a problem.

I can enjoy Zwift more with this, I hope it helps someone else.

2 Likes

Everyone: with the release of version 1.0.50775, weā€™ve updated the Android FAQ. Please see this latest thread: