Amputee, Disability, Under 1 w/kg group rides out there?

1.3 w/kg opens up a bunch of rides to him! That’s my average with 2 legs!
Look for rides by HERD and ZER (Zwift easy riders). There is also a Sunday ride called Seattle Baby Steps.
Of these, the HERD is the biggest group with the most rides, but they are all filled with great people who welcome newcomers.

4 Likes

Hey folks, I’m the developer of the PainSled and RowedBiker apps that CJ mentioned above. I did finally get around to answering his email this am. Better late than never, I guess.

The short answer is that we actually already have this done “under the covers” as our underlying ExerScreen SDK supports cycling inputs the same as rowers. We just have never enabled it since the apps were for rowing. I’ll throw a ticket in the backlog for this, no idea if and when I’ll get to it as this is a side project for me.

One question I have is what wattage would be fair for capping off the boost feature for cyclists? I don’t want to create yet another way for cyclists to cheat in races so it seems like a cap would be a reasonable way to go about cutting that off. I cap off the “kids riding with parents mode” boost at 190w, for example.

If you want to see how the “FTP Boost” is used for the indoor rowers, and some the reasons for using or not using it, you can check out my FTP: To Boost, or Not to Boost? That is the Question post.

Ride on, y’all!

James

1 Like