Accessibility Feature Request: Audio Cues for Sprints, KOMs, and Approaching Riders (Visually Impaired Cyclist)

Hello Zwift Community,My name is Joao Teixeira, I am a 54-year-old cyclist from Portugal, racing for the Vegan Crocodiles in the WTRL League (Category C). I have a 93% permanent medical disability due to severe glaucoma. I am completely blind in my right eye, and my left eye has only 10% residual vision left.Zwift and my Wahoo Kickr Bike Pro literally saved my life from depression, giving me back a wonderful way to experience the world and chase new competitive goals!However, due to my 10% vision, I struggle immensely to see the small text countdowns on screen during races. To make the game truly inclusive for visually impaired athletes, I kindly request the development team to add the following Audio Accessibility Cues:SPRINTS & KOMs: A distinct audio alert (like a short beep) at the exact start and finish lines of every segment.POWER-UPS: A unique sound effect when a Power-Up is awarded or activated.APPROACHING RIDERS: A realistic bicycle sound effect when another rider approaches from behind, helping us feel the draft and position ourselves tactfully in the peloton.The Zwift Support Team has already officially logged this request, but they recommended posting it here so the community can show support.Please VOTE UP this post if you want to help make Zwift more accessible and beautiful for riders of all abilities!Ride On!joao teixeira​:person_with_white_cane: (VI):seedling::crocodile:

It would be an incredible win for everyone. In terms of inclusion, but also if you ignore the point of help and kindness, it would be a great feature for marketing.

Do it, Zwift. Probably only a small thing to do for you, but a big impact for those who need it.

Wouldn’t you want an alert a short bit ahead of the segment as well to enable yourself to prepare for the segment? Or does that already happen when the segment sidebar item shows up on screen a bit before the segment?

What about, as a way to ‘re-use’ something that already exists, the workout arch audio countdown was added (via a toggle in an ‘accessibility’ menu within the Zwift settings) to coincide with the sprint and KOM starts (and finishes?) in free rides?

This would seem really easy to implement, and would probably benefit lots of people. I’ve certainly lost focus and missed the start at times in a simple audio queue would have been very helpful for me, but I absolutely see the value in this for you and others

Seems like a no-brainer! I hope this gets built into the app

Hello Aaron :seedling:. I use headphones when doing Zwift so I can hear the ambient noise and sounds like “likes,” among other things. I’ve never heard a beep when segments start, even with ambient sound turned off. A segment alert would be really great :smiling_face:

Hello Nigel :seedling:.

That’s an excellent idea. It might be something Zwift could consider and use. :blush:

This is something I would use even without being visually impaired. It should be easy to add as an option as Nigel suggested

Great suggestion and sometime that should have been included a long time ago