Ability to name equipment in Zwift pairing menu

Brilliant!

1 Like

Oh my giddy auntā€¦ This is going to be amazing!!!

Did this get anywhere for a more permanent solution?

Hi Shuji, I tried this but it didnā€™t last and the names reverted back to default shortly after.

Ah well, I hope there is an update that allows this facility soon!!!

Also, shameless bump :slightly_smiling_face:

@Tim_White

1. Are you on PC/Mac? It will not work for iOS / Android / tvOS.
  2. Are you on the same PC/Mac, or did you switch to a different one? Your customized knowndevices.xml file is stored on that local machine only, (i.e. it wonā€™t sync across devices).

Hi dude,

Yeah, same PC each time!!

Iā€™m going to try again but would love a official in game way of doi g it :wink::wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Thanks for you help with this.

Vote for me from this, it would be really useful - Iā€™m on iOS/iPadOS so the ā€œhackā€ isnā€™t an option anyway

1 Like

Adding my ā€œyes, please!ā€ to this request.

1 Like

Hi Shuji,

Each time I try the ā€˜hackā€™ to name equipment, it works first time but subsequently reverts back!

Is it something Iā€™m doing wrong? I had previously removed all equipment from the file (starting it from scratch).

Thsbks

Tim

Shameless bump ad nauseum!

2 Likes

Bumping again so it doesnā€™t disappear!!!

2 Likes

I have 2 pairs of Zwiftplay controllers, and ride with my 10 y.o. son both irl and in Zwift at the same time, running 2 instances of Zwift on the one PC. Pairing the devices isnā€™t difficult but remembering which of the 4 device IDs is whose, is!

It would be really great to be able to rename them to something easy like B-Left B-Right and F-Left and F-Right, and have it remember/recognise and use the new device name each time we connect.

When I pair devices to my Garmin watch via Bluetooth I can edit the device name easily on the watch. This should be a breeze for the Zwift team - allow device to be renamed when paired, or even marked as favourite.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

It seems such a simple feature. Surprised that it doesnā€™t get recognised!

2 Likes

Anything that involves editing files is a missing feature. There are platforms that run Zwift where you canā€™t edit files.

2 Likes

please add a proper solution for this. I have his and hers kickr bikes, HR, Zwiftplay etc that are used at the same time. We sort of remember the IDs but renaming would be great

2 Likes

Iā€™m just going to bump this again!

@shooj ā€™s trick works with Bluetooth devices but ANT+ devices every back once they connect.

With all the resource allocated to development, I hope a little bit is allocated for this feature.

1 Like

I have to say this is exactly the feature I need. I have 4 Zwifters in our house and 4 Wahoo trainers. Naming the trainers would make it so much easier to connect.

3 Likes

Agreed, The ability to name devices as well as select the preferred default device would be great additions.

1 Like

Yeah, this would be really handy!