ZwiftPower Categories

I clicked the Column button, but it won’t allow me to select the Age category. I think they should just allow us to automatically enter in the C category if you’re over 50.

Actually I’ll now fall on my sword. The click boxes don’t work too well (for me). I had to have my mouse pointer right in the upper left corner. Now I see an Age column. I can sort on it, but too bad I can’t filter on it

1 Like

I use the “Age Group” race ranking as a motivator. The
question I have is what defines my age group.
Is it in five year increments? one year?

I believe the increments in ZwiftPower are 10 years, but in some events they break down results on 5 year increments. In the ZHR Masters events, look at the event description to learn how the pens and results work.

So, i am 68. What you are saying is im in the 65-69?
Im à former trithlete, and we look forward to getting older so we dont have to compete with those 55 yr old kids :slight_smile:
Thanks for the response.
Ride On!

This is from an FZR event description but applies to most aged based events - evidently the 5 yr increments are UCI based (according to another Masters event description):

I’d say there isn’t really a standard - the various age-group racing series all seem to use different categories.

1 Like

One of the best things about turning 50 next year … I get bumped up an age group for my next triathlon! Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still get my a$$ handed to me. I’m more of a “why be slow at 1 sport, when you can be slow at 3 at the same time,” kind of triathlete. But maybe I won’t be quite as far behind, if I’m the young guy in the group.
(Narrator: No, he’ll still be really far behind everyone …)

1 Like

The age brackets are more relevant as we get older. When I was younger, I didn’t think age brackets were necessary.

At 68 it makes me feel good that I can still compete with a peer group.
You would think that as we get older the competition should get easier. Although the numbers go down, the best athletes are still there :frowning:
My strategy is to outlive the competition.

3 Likes

I dunno, I really like finishing ahead of young people. If I’m the top age group finisher in a mixed age race, that’s a virtual win for me. Booya to the 30 year olds. If it never happened perhaps I’d feel differently, but the existing category system makes it happen often enough.

2 Likes
A+: 4.6w/kg and 300w FTP
A: 4w/kg and 250w FTP
B: 3.2w/kg and 200w FTP
C: 2.5w/kg and 150w FTP

This must not be quite accurate, or there must be more to it. I’m looking at a very light junior rider (27 kg) with 90% of 20 minutes figures of 116watts / 4.3wkg.

According to the criteria above, this rider would be D (less than 150w). But ZwiftPower has placed them in C.

Anyone have any more insight?

Could it be they self-selected Cat C?

they add the Super super tiny human rule to ZwiftPower back in the day.

1 Like

A 60 lb person.
Why don’t the pro teams recruit these people, don’t they know anything about bike racing?

3 Likes