NOTE: this post has been superseded. Please refer to the:
Zwift Resource Wiki 🗺
This thread is meant to capture links to interesting and useful Zwift-related resources. There’s a forum-imposed, 30-day time-limit for editing posts so my intent is to start a new thread at the beginning of each month, with the hopes forum staff will pin it.
The original thread that started it all: Links to Zwift Resources
READ THESE FIRST
- What are the latest Zwift Game and Zwift Companion app version numbers?
- Guide to Getting Useful Support
- Pssst: Yes, you do have another device connected, dummy
- Zwift’s Offical Zwift How-To: Troubleshooting Zwift Issues | Zwift
- Zwift’s Official Troubleshooting for Cycling
- Zwift’s Official Troubleshooting for Running
- Zwift Official Support Knowledgebase - Zwift’s official knowledgebase, a good start if you’re having issues and looking for answers.
Maps, Routes, Worlds
- https://zwiftmap.com/ - fantastic interactive map of all worlds and routes you can sort and search. Mobile friendly too, I’ll often use this on long rides to inspect the route I’m on and see what’s coming up. Each route has outbound links to several other sites of interest as well.
- https://zwifterbikes.web.app/ - Best bike/wheel combo calculator by route!
- ZwiftInsider’s downloadable, printable map of Watopia: Download or Purchase a Watopia Course Map | Zwift Insider
- …and printable list of all routes by difficulty: Printable List of Zwift Routes by Difficulty | Zwift Insider
- Zenturizer for route suggestions based on distance and elevation (ZwiftMap.com overlaps this a bit)
- Best Bike Split - Super detailed route planning tool - select a route, weight, W/kg, drag coefficient (!) and it’ll generate a projected duration, among other functions
- https://zwifthub.com/ - good for tracking your badge completions (you have to manually toggle things as you do them, it doesn’t link to your Zwift account)
- https://www.zwiftgps.com/ - link to your Zwift account and it’ll show your position on the Zwift world map
- The "RoadCaptain” add-on available on GitHub - A clever bit of code you can run overtop (underneath?) Zwift on PC that enables you to auto-navigate. (now also linked in “Software & Technology” section)
- https://whatsonzwift.com/ & Zwift Course Calendar – Current Guest World Schedule | Zwift Insider - Guest World Schedule
- https://www.zwiftsegments.com/ - tracks Zwift route (those created by Zwift Insider) completion and personal records using Strava.
- ZwiftQuiz - to help you learn the shape of Zwift routes
Events, Challenges, Missions
- ZwiftHacks Events database - THE tool for finding events, with sort and search functions. Links on each event will redirect to their respective Zwift.com page where you can register.
- Zwift.com/Events - Zwift’s “official” Events page. Limited search and filter functions compared to ZwiftHacks but being internal to Zwift has direct access to your registered events if you’re already logged in.
- The Next Few Months of Events/Races on Zwift | Pursuit Cycling For Kids - curated page of upcoming Zwift events by none other than the forum’s own @Oliver_ZRace_Central
Podcasts & Media
- The Wrap - a podcast with Nathan Guerra (formerly of Zwiftcast) and Anna Russell
- Zwiftcast - Fantastic back-catalogue, wrapped the final episode in early 2022. Well worth a listen, with much respect to Simon, Shane, and Nathan.
- Nowhere Fast Podcast - highly irreverent.
- Never Going Pro Podcast - Home GC Coaching and Team DIRT (“Dads Inside Riding Trainers” and not a gravel league)
- Talk DIRTy to me Another Team DIRT podcast
- Zwift Powerup Cycling Podcast - Zwift’s official podcast.
- Shane Miller/GPLama YouTube Channel
- The Pink Tron - a podcast from The Herd Racing League
- Herd Racing on Zwift - YouTube channel. Weekly broadcast of multiple categories with commentary on Fridays, some other Zwift content
- DIRT - “Dad’s Inside Riding Trainers” Facebook group - not just for dads! Non-dads, Moms, everyone welcome.
- HERD - inclusive club with events for all different Wattage categories - http://theherd.club/
- SZR - (Swedish Zwift Riders) Multiple weekly social rides and you don’t have to be Swedish to join - SZR Cycling Club – ZWIFT JERSEYS
- Amputee, Disability, Under 1 w/kg group rides out there? - discussion on low-W/kg rides for adaptive athletes. IMPORTANT: there were replies by the NPE-CABLE team as well as the developer of the PainSled and RowedBiker apps on how to use that technology (see the “Software & Technology” section) to apply a wattage correction factor for adaptive athletes.
- Introducing the Zwift Handcycle 
- Events - using the “Search” box on ZwiftHacks Events list, try “adaptive” or “handcycle”. You’ll come up with regular events catering to adaptive athletes, often with “keep together” (aka “rubberbanding”) enabled so that everyone can ride together.
- Para-Zwift Cycling Community - private Facebook group with information on connecting paracycles to smart trainers.
Workouts, Training & Racing
- Convert GPX file to Zwift workout | What’s on Zwift?
- https://ZwiftPower.com for official ranking - explainer courtesy @James_Zwift
- Zwift DS - eRacing Team Management
- ZRace Data Field Can predict your result position in an upcoming race based on your race history using machine.
- Increment | Improving your fitness step by step - tool for calculating which RoboPacer (formerly Pace Partner) you might wish to ride with based on weight, wattage, desired W/kg
- Zwift Workout - a workout editor
- ZWO Factory - another workout editor
- https://www.zwiftracing.app/ - Alternative ranking method for racing.
- TTT-Timer & TTT-Timer Discord bot - a website & Discord Bot that help you organize your team time trials
Software & Technology
- Zwift on PC: The Ultimate Guide to Running Zwift at Its Very Best | Zwift Insider - written by the forum’s own @Dave_ZPCMR with input from the author of Zwiftalizer, a guide to building a Zwift PC to minimize cost and maximize graphic detail and performance. In some regions (UK, USA) you can build a PC on the cheap that runs Zwift beautifully. In other regions, a refurb iPad or AppleTV may offer the best value.
- https://refurb-tracker.com/ - if you want to go down the Apple iPad or AppleTV 4k route, Refurb Tracker can be used to create alerts when devices go back in stock on Apple’s online store. There’s little reason to buy on the used market as Apple’s prices often undercut used, the devices have been professionally refurbished and come with warranties.
- https://www.zwiftalizer.com/ - analyze your system, GPU performance, network, bluetooth, ant+ dropouts, etc.
- Borderless Gaming - Optional, for running Zwift on PC full-screen with fewer limitations than Windows defaults. (more info here)
- RowedBiker and PainSled iOS & Android - apps that can bridge rowing machines into Zwift (converts rowing data to appear like a bike power sensor)
- The "RoadCaptain” add-on available on GitHub - A clever bit of code you can run overtop (underneath?) Zwift on PC that enables you to auto-navigate. (also linked in “Maps, Routes, Worlds” section)
- qDomyos-Zwift app for Android and iOS - another bridging app that can connect with a variety of non-standard exercise equipment (elliptical machines, exercise bikes, treadmills) and send the data to Zwift
- Zwift Activity Monitor - GitHub - Allows Zwift users to monitor their moving average power and FTP in real-time
- Sauce for Zwift - a data/stats-overlay add-on for Zwift on PC. (requires monthly Patreon subscription; discussion thread here )
- NPE-CABLE pod - Converts/binds ANT+ sensors to a single BLE signal - great for dealing with AppleTV limitations. It can also be used to convert a RowERG power source to cycling, allowing Concept2 rowers to “Zwift”. Sadly, the global chip shortage has resulted in the NPE-CABLE being unavailable for purchase for some time.
- 4iiii Viiiiva HRM & sensor bridge - More than just a chest strap HR monitor, 4iiii “Viiiiva” HRM acts as an ANT+ to BLE sensor bridge, much like the NPE-CABLE. There is one minor limitation versus the NPE-CABLE: it won’t alter a signal such that, say, someone on a rowing machine could trick Zwift into thinking they’re on a bike.
Hardware - Bicycles, Trainers, Misc.
- DCRainmaker’s Smart Trainer Recommendations Guide: Winter 2020-2021 - THE definitive source on what smart trainers should be on your radar.
- JetBlack Volt and Elite Justo aren’t on the above list but were well-reviewed by DCR and will likely be included in the next guide. Both of these offer something no other trainer does: sensor bridging. (super important with AppleTV due to connection limitations)
- Zwift Hub - a rebadged JetBlack Volt, introduced October 2022 at a price that undercuts virtually every mid-high-end direct drive trainer on the market.
- The Tacx Bracket for Tablets (Tacx Part# T2092), if you use a tablet to Zwift, makes for probably the most compact, portable setup imaginable. I added a phone tray to mine.
- Trainer Tray - If you’re running Zwift on a non-tablet (TV on wall, computer on a table), this gizmo would let you hold a smartphone for the Companion app, a remote, whatever. No affiliation but if I didn’t have the Tacx tablet holder already, I’d likely look at this. (edit - I’m using one now and like it)
- ZwiftInsider article on how to synchronize weight data from the Withings/Nokia smart scales to your Zwift account. Direct linking is broken so an intermediate connection via Fitbit is needed. (you do not need to own a Fitbit device or pay for their service - I’ve tested this and it works)
- Reddit’s “BikeWrench” Community - Get your bicycle problems fixed here.
- Zwift (PC and macOS) game hotkeys (old)
- Pain Cave photos and discussions thread: Forum sub-section request: pain-cave photos/equipment ideas
Know of any I missed? Is there a better way to categorize what we’ve got? Hit reply and let me know!