Zwift=One big sprint

The hour record holder is a rider of about 70kg.
A rider weighing about 80 kg wins a track event.

Generally going 180cm80kg is not big athlete.
middle athlete.

It is neither a big athlete over 2m nor a heavy athlete of 180cm 100kg.
No matter what the Martians say, they do not gain weight to 100 kg.
And the Netherlands will not represent a big athlete of 2m100kg for the Olympics.

As verified at the Tokyo Olympics stadium, a slender rider weighing 171kg and 60kg does not need 300w to deliver 40km / h.
Even if he use a classic road bike, it is about 240W.
This measurement is reserved for the stadium.
And it was measured by running alone.
It is the data of the best aerodynamic measurement environment.

This is because air resistance is greatly affected by height, weight, and body thickness.
That’s why middle athletes become big riders.

Only Zwift has a podium for riders over 100kg.

Where have you seen a rider over 100 kg on the podium? I did not find any on Zwiftpower…

2 Likes

The previous hour record holder (Alex Dowsett, as he said) is always beaten ITT by 55-60kg riders putting around 100w less in Zwift.
That’s what I say.

Never seen that. Big lie.

But I always see lots of 60kg riders beating 70-75kg @350-370W in flat criteriums or ITTs.
Never seen IRL.

Sure you will see lots of 58-60…62kg beating everybody in the flat or ITT with less than 300W.

Totally a joke thing, just a fantasy video game where small guys have their success place… That’s all.

But even some of them, complaining about Zwift’s physics??
NO WAY.

dowsett

1 Like

I weight 57 kg (125lbs), and do a lot of irl TTs, and yes, I can beat riders that weight 20 kg more than me, despite putting 50/70W more than me. Example here: strava. com/activities/4120094755/overview (I finished second in my cat. with 277W, the guys who finished between 9th and 16th are about 320/330W. Those people will need to put 350/370W to beat me).
Like in the example given above, with my size/weight I can ride @40 km/h with only 200W on full TT setup.
Another (maybe better) example than me, is Ronald Kuba (you can find him on strava too) who is 59 kg and finish 3rd in national ITT (with pro-level riders) with only 287W!
I’m currently writing an article about this subect on my blog, but it iil be in french :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, what I saw in that competition you linked is that people who put 100W more than you, also did faster than you almost 2 minutes in 18km.
Your speed was 42km/h and the people almost 45km/h.
That fits with things I see IRL.
I don’t know the weight of the people around 360W, we can ask them, but sure are not 60kg for the most, maybe around 70-75kg.

P.S: at least Remi, Karl, Jeremy and Cedric are 70kg

(cri

(Just a post to bypass my limitations)

Cant’ post image :frowning:

I can’ post any image or link, so I post my answer here:
zwifter. fr /1.jpg
zwifter. fr /2.jpg

(these limits sucks wtf?)

@P_atrick_Roubaud_TRZ
Sure your results at Zwift ITTs are good, maybe you can go at 44-45km/h at same watage, isn’t it?

In picture 2 - why is a 87 kg rider doing 367 Watts for half an hour in a TT an extreme example for you? I am 188 cm, 89 kg, 62 yo, I good shape but was never in my life racing in any sport. My FTP (powermeter, Tacx Neo) is 270, so for me this rider is OK. I can ride at about 350 for a short time and come to about 40 km/h.

The difficulty is that outdoor wind, false flats and turns reduce the average speed. But yeah, I can have the same wattage/speed if I take my fastest irl TT ( strava. com/activities/3983439482/analysis/10/1496 , 44.7 km/h @ 285 W) and my lastest flat Zwift TT ( strava. com/activities/4045186226/analysis/0/1425 44.8 @ 286W)

Extreme because he need 100W more than me to ride at the same speed than me. But otherwise yeah, that’s totally normal, and that’s what I’m trying to prove in this thread: you can have big power differences on zwift depending on your weight/height, and that is the same IRL.

What I say is that IRL if you put 100W less, you will be almost 2 minutes slower, but in Zwift, you can do it almost at same time!
Even, if they put 70-80W more than you, still you can beat them on the flat!! :wink:

Do you have a link to that data?

It was in the competition about we were talking before in this topic!
You can see the link posted in this topic: 18.9 km Ride Activity on September 27, 2020 by Patrick R on Strava
There you can see the time of that user: 26’ 11" @ 278W and 57kg

Here are the times of the guys putting 80-90W more (neither 100) and around 72-75kg:

Of course @Gerrie_Delport_ODZ we are used to read you questioning the data… :smirk:
But when people give you all and not refutable… what?

Could you at least once in your life recognize that Zwift is not right and must change something?

:thinking: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Those people 2’ faster than me are not 72/75kg but 58 to 68kg… It change at lot of things!

I also gave that IRL example of that guy doing 100W more than me and doing the same time… and the 2 two others on the same race doing 40/50W+ better than me and 2km/h slower than me…
So it can actually happen, but of course depend on the frontal area (weight/height).

I love data, and nothing prove a point like having proper data.

I don’t know if Zwift is right or not and I don’t know how far out Zwift is. If they are wrong then we need to quantify it.