Zwift not getting past loading screen [May 2021]

My system is doing this … but for me it only does it when attempting to ride with a pace partner.

Signed up for the Olympic chase event on Monday evening, and went to do a warm up ride with C, and kept locking up at the loading screen (but could hear the sounds of Watopia in the background … although the sounds for sitting by the roadside rather than being dropped into the PP group).

Cleared Internet Options, rebooted the maching, still the same.

WIth 10 minutes left to the start of the Olympic ride, tried again but just entering a normal ride on Tempus Figut, without the PP and loaded/ran perfectly fine.

Tried again last night just to test it, and got the same … stuck on the blue screen when attempting a PP ride, but worked quite happily entering a normal free ride.

Sad, sad, sad and disappointing.

Another week past by with neither a solution nor any response from the Tier3 support @zwift HQ. I have provided all requested info, given some suggestions to fix at least the symptom, but receive: silence from Zwift. Now I am 3 weeks off.

In about five month I managed to get to level 29 and increased FTP. Now I am loosing more and more fitness and passion. And reading other posts and complaints: personally speaking I cannot understand how Zwift takes care about their (loyal) customer base. Increasing max level to endless: where is the issue? Yeah, probably there is some matching table for awards in the background. Take a student to get this extended in what: a week? And this includes testing- something we are current doing for Zwift obviously. There are suggestions out there based on exponentially increase (which would not be a dramatic aspect to implement), but just allowing numbers beyond 50 is even more simple and get’s not considered.

I bought a Stages SB20 SmartBike - no specific feature got implemented so far: no gear indication, no usage of buttons for steering on junctions, no left-/right balance. Okay, the last is tricky - but would be cool.

Btw: FulGaz implemented SB20 gear info last week.

Can I please get my account up and running in the next days?

Crashes remain also with update to 1.14.0 [Jun15-release]. The logfiles indicate a login and the fix is probably, that no crash is recognized (which was in earlier releases). Attn: ironic.

[6:28:44] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Telemetry enabled
[6:28:44] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Requesting seeds...
[6:28:44] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Session ID: 54f0673e-be42-43a9-943c-16bfe6e47d19
[6:28:44] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Logged in
[6:28:44] SaveActivity::AutoSave -- Skipped Autosave On Startup.
[6:28:45] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Next seeds fetch will happen in 50 minutes
[6:28:45] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Player ID: {my zwift id}
[6:28:45] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Analytics ID: a54203f8-7eea-46f6-b5c0-82c4e47997de
[6:28:45] NETCLIENT:[INFO] TCP host 52.33.59.1:3023
[6:28:45] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Connecting to TCP server...

How many posts and support-requests needs to be filled in until I see a reaction from Zwift? I am waiting since 3.5 weeks and thereof 2 to get some tier3 support. My hope was a fix with 1.14.0 - but got disapointed.

In my case the fix is probably simple, even if it does not resolve underlying issues with the inherent stability and cloud-sync process. @Zwift, @Shooji: please delete on my account all custom workouts - I am pretty sure this will enable login again.

1 Like

And still the same problem after major update (hoped it was fixed by now….)

And frozen to make my evening complete….

I am having the same problem this week. It has happened on 2 separate days. Rubbish. It just gets stuck on the blue screen loading watopia it innsbruck etc. I’m running Windows 10. I’ve reinstalled zwift. I’m in the UK on BT fibre.

I think it is to do with when you are booked into an event/ workout etc and the map for the event is not the same as one of the 3 maps available that day. For example I was booked onto a ride on London this morning and the London map was not one of the 3 available. Once the event timed out I was able to log in with no problems,a similar thing happened earlier in the week.

A short note to narrow down the problem. It is probably related to the hardware installed. Perhaps with the graphics card. I replaced the notebook with a PC a week ago. And fingers crossed, Zwift runs without issues.

Highly likely different root causes but same symptom. I have had no issues for five month but after upload of (maybe a corrupt?) workout I am trapped in the multiple device sync issue: since I cannot login anymore, I cannot delete any workout. I am uploading workouts using a PC and running Zwift on iPad and on an iPhone to receive upgrade infos.
If I delete the \Document\zwift\workouts folder I am able to login on my PC, but as soon the whole bunch of customized workouts are replicated from the Zwift servers the Zwift application crashes immediately- leaving no time to delete any of the workouts… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. On iPad and iPhone it crashes right away.

I have contacted Zwift support since the beginning of this (for me) desaster, which is now lasting unresolved for 4 weeks.

About 2-3 weeks ago it was promised to forward this issue to Tier3 support at Zwift HQ - but never received a reaction from them. Contacted support several times in the meantime, but receive only standard replies.

Finally I PMed @shooj and some others, received a reaction but no support. Worse, the advise was to contact support. OMG.

I guess in my case only someone at HQ with access to and admin rights on my profile is able to help.

Even if rare, it demonstrates some weaknesses in the sync process and lack of robustness of the application. It also sheds some light on Zwift’s internal workings and highlights weaknesses.

I had this issue, clearing cache on Edge didn’t work but downloaded Chrome and set as default which fixed it.

Seriously Zwift…there have been no updates on this issue. Is there no one working on this or it is no longer a priority? I have been able to get on most of the rides, but today, came upon the original issue again. Too bad to see others continue to have the same issue with no help from support. At least give us an update.

Update: my issue got finally resolved with the help of Zwift’s 3rd level support. Thanks to you guys!
It turned out that my root cause was as described above. I had uploaded a generic custom workout for warmups, which contained an empty

<tags>
<tag/>
</tags>

section. Even if syntactically correct, it caused Zwift to crash, leaving some questions open I cannot answer. The deletion of the workout in my profile on the Zwift servers resolved my crash-scenario where I was trapped in. That said, the root causes my differ from case to case. I keep the fingers crossed for all whatever issue you are facing to get these resolved in time. Once the support started - it was a very pleasant and good experience.

While I was enforced to test other platforms in the meantime, I am now glad to be back again. Personally speaking there is nothing comparable and I am somewhat addicted to the capabilities Zwift offers with workouts, events races, routes, rebel routes, etc… I am wondering how outstanding this platform could be, if there would be a (substantial) invest in some areas. My hope is that this comes true one day… for the benefits for all of us.

Crashed again, even with the work around this time.
Keep adding new features and worlds!

Still nothing from Zwift?

I have a similar problem and have had it for a couple of months.

Hardware: Cheap Intel NUC system, Windows 10.

Symptom: I only hit the problem when I choose New York. Other worlds are fine. If I try to start the New York map (when available), then ZwiftApp.exe hangs and never starts.

I’ll send my logs to logs@zwift.com.

Was able to get in using this suggestion. Ended race and was able to log into desired map and route. Thanks,

On weekend I tried logging in on windows 10 AMD powered laptop for first time (I usually use a Mac but it’s an older machine and I wanted to use a faster computer). Have this issue, exactly as described. Logs sent to Zwift logs 19 July 2021.

My fault only comes on when I choose japan for the first map. if I choose watopia and then switch to japan it works fine

Piers

I replied on a Instagram post to see what happens and they replied. “We are working hard to solve the problem……”

This evening not possible to do a workout, kicked out 4 times now……

What am I paying for? New hills or a working platform?

1 Like

This issue just happened - about to race WTRL TTT and wouldn’t go past the “Loading ______” page. I re-started my computer multiple times as well as deleted, uninstalled and re-installed multiple times. Worked fine on Tuesday after the latest update now Thursday, and its not working.

2 Likes