Zwift New User - Game or Real Life Simulation

The answer your looking for is…i don’t have a smart trainer…therefore zwift is controlling nothing

Hi Andre,
I have a controllable trainer and in my case on Zwift my speed when riding alone is higher than IRL, also when climbing and aero has almost no effect. In my case the difference is maybe a few percent, and to be honest, I like it, because it is a bit of a game. In my case I think the difference is caused by the difference in gear (bike, clothing, accessories). IRL I have more stuff on the bike, my bike is not that advanced and not always that clean. Also the wear of bearings, chain rings and chain play a role. A Zwift bike (up untill now) is maintenance free. So if the calibration is correct, it should not be that much off. Is it also that much off when climbing? Did you fill in your body weight and length correctly (excluding bike etc.)? Is your power meter connected to Zwift of your speedometer? Group rides on Zwift are tougher than IRL. Modelling draft is very complicated due to all the variables (wind speed, direction, type of riders in front of you, body posture on the bike). I think in Zwift the draft effect is on the low side, but even on Zwift, a group generates more draft. Of course IRL you can feel the draft and find a position and posture that gives you the most benefit of someones draft. But again, if it is 80-100 Watt off, there must be a setting that is wrong.