Zwift Crashing/Freezing Mid ride

Another windows 11 customer here :sob: what if my machine came with windows 11 and I cant rollback? When will this get fixed!? Constant crashes 2, 3 times per night…so frustrating :rage: running on i7, iris x graphics, no less

1 Like

Another 2 crashes today…no other app open this sucks

Hello guys,
just read through this here since I also have problems of crashes mid ride.

Setup: Surface Pro 8
11th Gern Inter(R) Core™ i5-1135G7 @2.40 GHz 2.42 GHz (Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics)
Windows 11 Home (23H2)

So basically Zwift ignores this issue? Kinda sucks…

I have a very similar setup to yours but on Windows 10. I still had 2 crashes today. Seems like Zwift is not really concerned about this issue :angry:

Do you have Video Screenshots turned on in Settings? If so, turn it off because it’s known to cause crashes on some setups.

Hello, does anyone know where the error is?

Are you using an AMD setup?

My solution was to totally reinstall windows, latest video drivers, and Zwift. Good luck!

yes, amd athlon laptop

It’s likely that you’re running out of RAM. This has been seen before on AMD CPUs where video memory is shared with program memory and isn’t separate.

Check if it’s possible to add more RAM to your laptop, which is unfortunately often not possible due to the memory being soldered to the board rather than being installed in sockets.

1 Like

What i have found using a windows pc on 10.
When zwift does a freeze mid ride, i can see on the phone app that im still moving with everyone else .
I hit the button on top left of screem with the mouse n click right. Then click the “REFRESH” button and you resume where you should be.
No distance lost etc, still in the draft etc.

Hope rhis helps a few.

Still happening for me but less frequent…will be sure to grab a pic for next time

Thanks for the followup