Zwift Click not connecting

The Click never pairs to the trainer. It always pairs either directly to the game, or to the game via the Companion app. The HRM has the option of pairing via the trainer but the shifter doesn’t. Like the shifter, the trainer can also pair directly to the game or via the Companion app.

If pairing via Companion works better then you should certainly do that just to get your rides in.

What are you running the game on? PC? Mac? Phone/Tablet? Apple TV?

Thanks Paul…

Well I want to run on my PC - but a few days ago, I was having so many problems pairing, etc, with the PC, that I thought, OK, this must mean that the bluetooth USB dongle I already own isn’t working because I’ve seen mention of ANT-capable bluetooth(?) modules, and maybe THAT is my problem. (This is my first foray in recent decades into “smart” exercise devices - I had never heard of “ANT” until I started looking at Zwift.)

Of course then I read a day later, that some component I have doesn’t work AT ALL with ANT or ANT+? Meaning now I need to return the ANT dongle that’s on it’s way from Amazon - and that ANT issues aren’t my issues at all.

??

So then I’ve been trying to get the game working on my Pixel 6 Pro - and every now and then - I get everything “paired” (and I must say it’s confusing as hell that the companion app HAS to be used sometimes, MAY be used sometimes, and CAN’T be used other times).

Or maybe I’m even more confused than I thought. :slight_smile:

One of the issues may be that my Click was BENDING around my bike’s handlebar, meaning the battery connection was iffy - THAT caused a lot of heartache, and, may indeed be the root cause of ALL my head banging over the last few days.

I’ve since reinforced the backside on the Click so that it remains FLAT when connected to the handlebar, and right away that was a big improvement. Still need to test more to see if getting all these things paired works reliably.

[Solved]
I think I have now understood the problem. I have a Kickr V4, which is probably not compatible with the Zwift Click.
You have to connect “Resistance” in the Zwift app first, which means the app knows which Kickr you have. My guess is that the Zwift app then does not allow you to pair a Zwift Click. A little hint in the pairing menu would be nice and would have saved me a lot of time. But as always, those who can read (the product description) have a clear advantage :wink:

— my problem —
I received my Zwift Click today.

• I can connect it to the Companion App.
  • It shows me the firmware version 1.0.0.
  • I do not get the option to update to 1.1.0
  • I have read the thread here and connected everything with Bluetooth
  • The click is not showing up for me to connect in the Zwift app. Tried it with three different devices (MacPro 2020 / MacPro 2013. / iPhone 13)

Is there anything I have missed in this thread? Any tips for me?

Thanks for your help!

I was about to send it back when I read about the connection problem in another thread. I removed the battery and put a small circle of thin card behind it. I made sure the screws were tight. I also connected via bluetooth. All functional and very pleasing. My heart rate monitor wasn’t being picked up so, just for a laugh, I plugged in my ANT+ stick and that worked! Early days but it seems the piece of card made the biggest diffrence after hours of unplugging, restarting, this app and that app…

Hello. How was this solved. I am having the exact problem. I can connect it to the Companion App. It shows the option to connect to the control, but then doesn’t connect. All firmware and updates are current. Very frustrating. Help

Hi @Ken_Chahine, welcome to the forums!
I’m Fernanda, from Zwift.

I want to give you some help regarding the connection issue you are facing with the Zwift Click. In your case, after reviewing your last logs, I can see that you are using a Wahoo KICKR v4, firmware version 3.4.68, since this KICKR version is not compatible with Zwift virtual shifting, the Zwift Click won’t pair as expected. You can verify the compatible trainers for Zwift virtual shifting here.

Keep us posted.

Fernanda, thanks. So when you say version do you mean my Kickr or the firmware. I checked before purchasing and thought it was compatible with my Kickr. If the Kickr is not v6 will it not work at all. Options?

Hi @Ken_Chahine, thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, no firmware version of the KICKR v4 is compatible with virtual shifting. You can check out this Wahoo announcement, only KICKR v6 allows Zwift virtual shifting.

Hope that doesn’t impact your enthusiasm and keep enjoying indoor riding!

Hi, same problem as above. I cannot connect my click in the game but it connects on ZC. Any advice? The firmware appears up to date