Zwift annual membership [SOLVED]

is it that crazy? people paying company money want to pay less and company people are paying don’t want people to pay less!

1 Like

and here is the exact reason this hasn’t happened… people will pay monthly because there are few other options and none as good as Zwift.

I used to pay all year long but now only the months I plan on using, about 6 out of 12. If there was a yearly fee the equivalent of 8-9 months in cost I’d probably take that. Zwift gets more money out of me and I can use it if there’s a stretch of poor weather in the summer. Only Zwift would know the numbers though and how many pause their memberships and for how long. Or it could just be like so many other things that just seem to be ignored.

3 Likes

They also know how many don’t pause their memberships and what amount of $$ they will lose.

That’s kinda what I just said…

I’ve got to guess that someone at Zwift has run the numbers and judged that there’s no value in them providing an annual membership on this basis. I’d certainly opt for that option and I know a few friends who would too. Howevere, I reckon it’s a bit like switching bank accounts/energy providers etc. Many folk know they might get a slightly better deal but customer inertia is the thing that stops them, so there’s not actually that many who stop paying over the summer months.

1 Like

Well, in his last interview Eric suggested that they are indeed looking at an annual subscription. But I wouldn’t count on it saving people a ton of money given it’s in the context of the company needing to increase revenue.

Here is the quote: “Starting with the easy one, pricing, Min says that the current $15/month subscription is “not sustainable” for much longer, and that the company is considering annual memberships.”

Zwift CEO Signals Upcoming Price Increase, Subscriber Goals, and More | DC Rainmaker

So, yeah, we might get an annual subscription, but don’t expect that it will save you a ton of money :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE November 2023

This long-awaited request rolls out today. Please resume discussion on that thread as I’ll be locking this one.

1 Like

@shooj the link in the post above appears to be broken.

1 Like