Zwift Academy Road 2020 FAQ

Hi there.

Why we don’t have any more academy events at 18:00 GMT ?

Where exactly is the zwift academy dashboard? I can’t find it anywhere. It’s not on my app, it’s not on my profile and it’s not under zwift academy learn more. I am definitely logged in for all of these and am registered for the academy as I had the confirmation email. I have no idea my progress to date and have received not credits for completing any academy workouts.

Hi Ricky, Please email me Sam-mobberley@zwift.com and I can confirm the events schedule for you. There is still plenty of chances to do both the Segmented rides especially in the last two weeks.

Hey Lily, please head here and click on the womans academy. Zwift Academy 2022
Make sure you’re logged in and you should be able to see your progress!

Thanks Sam. Without sounding stupid, where exactly under the academy page should the progress be? Nothing shows for me at all. Just information about the academy

It should take you to your dashboard when you click ‘Learn more’ under the ‘Womans Zwift Academy’. Let me know how you go.

If I repeat a group ride, race or segment do both repeats count towards my completion of the Academy? It’s just the schedule for group ride is only #4 now and we are running out of time :wink: Thanks for the input.

Yes. I did Group Ride #1 twice and Group Ride #2 twice and got each ride credited (i.e. 4 rides) towards ZA completion.

2 Likes

Hi

I just received an email saying i have finished the academy. It says “I’’ve unlocked insight into training systems as well as higher levels of performance” and “I’m officially enrolled in our world-class training program”.

Should i see any new training plan available or any insight/data about my performance? I cant see any new option in zwift

Thanks

1 Like

Does finishing the academy unlock the Canyon Aeroad frame or just a paint job?

It does unlock the frame including a ZA paint job.

1 Like

I just checked and couldn’t find the frame in my garage :frowning:
Got the Zwift Academy: 100% Complete! email and all

2 Likes

Hi Guys,
Do we actually get some idea of our performance?

Each workout said 'This gives us an idea of your xxxx performance over yyyyy duration etc etc".

I was hoping for some sort of 4D style profile at the end which tells us how we did based on watts, or w/kg.

(Otherwise the academy is nothing more than a collection of random sessions.)

If Zwift are able to chose people for a pro-contract surely the results are analysed somehow?

3 Likes

You should be able to get most of that from the free Today’s plan that came with the academy.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply but literally none of that will be on Today’s Plan as they’re specific scenarios.

I’d like to know how I compare to other Zwifters on these for power and power/weight.

I already know peak power, 6sec power, 20min, FTP etc
Would’ve been nice to see how close/far from the top guys.

3 Likes

Gutted, my Kickr broke while doing an Academy group ride a few weeks ago, received my replacement last night and thought I’d have a few days to complete my outstanding academy events before the end of November. Only to find that it finished yesterday.

I’m never going to complete this thing…

Just did the last workout a day late but it looks like it’s not registered. I’ll forever be stuck on 7/8 workouts complete :sob::sob::sob:

Same here… I completed workout 8 (final piece for me) yesterday and got the “completed” email. I went for a ride today and NO bike in my garage.

Past rewards “hat”, “socks”, “kit” showed up with an unlock message on the next ride after unlocking… it looks like that if we (and others) completed the Academy on the final day but did not do that next ride showing the bike unlock until 11/26, some error in Zwift’s awarding system isn’t giving the bike since the Academy is over.

I had a feeling that this might be the case yesterday after doing my workout, but I had confidence that I wouldn’t need to start an absurd phony ride just to receive the bike. It’s just a virtual bike, but someone from Zwift should chime in with a fix!

1 Like

That literally is exactly the info that was available in Today’s Plan during the academy.

It’s a shame the (free) premium access that ZA granted us appears to have been turned off so soon, not sure there’s enough value in for me to sign up permanently.

Also a shame that they seemingly didn’t make enough of an effort pushing this feature. I’m sure last year they were absolutely relentless with it :joy:

2 Likes

Ricky, do you mean there was a league table showing my position for each workout versus everybody else?

And as for what I did find on Today’s Plan, it would be stuff like ‘Best 60s effort’ but nothing which looked at the bigger picture.

Eg: Let’s say I can do 600w for a minute. That’s my once only best effort, which I can’t repeat.

ZA had us doing depletion blocks and various other things which affect our ‘best efforts’, so at no point during ZA did I record any best efforts.

Each workout existed in its own universe, with its own rules.

When the text says “This shows us how well you recover from repeated hard efforts” I want to know how well I do! Tell me!

If I hit the watt target, what does that mean?
How is my target v other riders?
Am I expected to fail at final efforts?

Where’s the insight?

I really hoped for a Sufferfest style 4D profile.

2 Likes