Zwift Academy Road 2020 FAQ

Exactly my thoughts on all of this.

More so, I didn’t even sign up for Today’s Plan b/c Zwift Academy Road 2020 FAQ - the one a link was provided for on the academy road pages on Zwift web site (i.e. not this forum post) - said it’s optional if you’re not competing for the pro contract (which I am not)…

If I’m not going for the contract, do I need to open a Today’s Plan account?
You are not required to join Today’s Plan, but we highly recommend you sign up for the complimentary account for a complete Zwift Academy Road experience.

But then, confusingly enough, it also says the following (which, to be honest, I only noticed now, after double checking it… and it’s rather a “fine print” one):

What do I need to do to graduate Zwift Academy?
… You’ll also need to sign up with Today’s Plan. …

Interestingly enough, it’s NOT outlined in this forum version of the Zwift Academy Road 2020 FAQ, which makes it very confusing whether it’s really a general requirement for everyone participating, i.e. to be able to graduate from the academy at all, or if it’s a pro-contract requirement only.

If I actually don’t get to graduate from the Academy Road 2020 only b/c I didn’t sign up for a Today’s Plan account, it would be very, very frustrating!

So, now I feel lost and don’t really understand what all of this effort was really for… I mean don’t get me wrong: these were some really nice workouts created by some very experienced coaches and I am happy to get access to those and happy I’ve completed it all, I’m just somewhat disappointed b/c:

• It looks like I won’t be given a credit and graduate from the academy despite all the effort (all the workouts and rides completed in time)
  • It looks like I won’t be getting any “insight report” from Zwift on how well I did for either each of the sessions or for all the academy workouts overall

If that’s indeed the case, it would be quite frustrating, but I hope I at least am going to get a credit and graduate from the academy (whatever that means really - at this point I’m not even sure what that “graduation” is all about anyways) despite missing the Today’s Plan account/subscription (and, thus, any insight on my academy performance).

Would be nice if someone from Zwift could confirm/clarify as I’m sure I’m not the only one wondering.

4 Likes

Also, to be clear, I did NOT receive any emails from Zwift indicating my graduation and/or completion of the academy, like some others mentioned here earlier:

This is exactly what I’d like to know. I emailed zwift to ask but go no specific answer back from them. Very disappointed to have done all the sessions and not received feedback in what I’m good at and what I need to work on

4 Likes

All I can say is that we are in the same boat… yet another very disappointing Zwift experience :frowning:

1 Like

To be honest, I was a little bummed that there wasn’t more of an atta’ boy when I finished the 2020 Zwift Academy. Did I graduate? I think so based on doing all the activities before the end date, but beyond the kit that I can choose for my Avatar, there was really no indication of the finish. Even just a quick e-mail or banner on the next start-up with Good Job or something would have been appreciated. I learned a lot from the training and feel I have improved, but it would have been nice to get some kudos.