WTRL ACE (it doesn't mean good)

i’m literally just guessing with everyone else here, but could it be that your segment winner doesn’t make it to the end of the race in the front group? that’s pretty much how i used to generate points in A since i don’t have the FTP to recover at A cruising pace. SBPs are based on FAL so it could make sense from that angle. or maybe it just doesnt make sense

In other words, since every rider has the chance to score the same number of points only against different opposition, you have a sacrificial lamb (the triathlete) and a secret weapon (the sprinter). Unless the other teams have their sprinters way down the list as well.

This whole thing is just a ridiculous amount of complexity that achieves very little in terms of race dynamics.

6 Likes

No idea. I doubt the details will ever be shared. Maybe it’s the Strava or biometric data that is causing it.

1 Like

pretty much what’s happened to our team, I’m top in our team where my 15s and 1min power is the worst in the team and yet I have the highest ace score out of the 6 of us

That makes sense, so the riders on your team with checkmarks for an upcoming race is sorted according to their seeding (and then, seemingly, you need to disregard the obscure number in parenthesis).

I can’t seem to figure out, how you can see the seeding (or order on how they are listed at least) of riders from other teams. Anyone knows?

Unfortunately I have not yet found where to find the rankings of the other teams.

Dirt racing series is so much better in every aspect of the game…

3 Likes

so what das the ACE score mean? is a low number good, or a high number? what’s the scoreboard look like?

I appreciate that Zwift aren’t “running the show” here but this is promoted by Zwift as one of their flagship series, by a sub-contractor of Zwift. So can anyone at Zwift shed any light as to what rules the races today are being run by are? Because there has now been many dozens of races already run today, with the EMEA races hours away, and there’s been no comment or communication made by WTRL on their social media channels or announcement section of their own website. @James_Zwift @shooj ?

6 Likes

[quote=“Douglas Cook [Electricspirit.co], post:29, topic:599683, username:Douglas_Cook”]
So can anyone at Zwift shed any light
[/quote]

going to add @xflintx, I assume he has some info that might help?

Just tag them all!
Maybe if we say Martin’s name 3 times on here he’ll turn up and make comment.

3 Likes

he wrote this place off long ago, and really shouldn’t be the spokesperson anyway

So far the earlier races (Oceania) only have FIN points showing in the results on the WTRL site, and no FTS or FAL, and not even a column ready for SBPs.

I’ve got a greyed out green button which I hope will eventually provide a list with real-time tracking. But it’s looking a bit doubtful for tonight’s race.

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 14.39.15

On Friday I had an ACE number 545 but it said “calculating…” all weekend and now shows (27), which people are saying is probably number of data points. It looks as if I’m rider 1 so will have to slug it out for “real” FALs anyway. The guy who I think should be rider 1 and who scores nearly all our team’s points is in position 2. So he’s going to clean up. He’s ranked a couple hundred points higher than me on ZR.app but I’m 20 points ahead on ZP rankings and 5 to 4 finishes ahead of him on ZRL races.

Exceedingly frustrating that they repeatedly say “this is how it’s going to be” and then do something differently. You don’t know where you are. I really enjoy ZRL racing and the tactics etc. but this, touted since November, is just making everybody angry because nobody knows what’s happening. The comms have been wholly inadequate.

1 Like

Well that just adds to the confusion even more, hence the need for some sort of comment from Zwift or WTRL about what’s going on.

1 Like

they could add SBP after the event but would be a total mess scoring based on something you had no idea who you are racing against.

Probably best to just cancel the SBP for this week but it would be nice to get some sort of notification from WTRL/Zwift on what is going on rather than 13,000 people left wondering.

3 Likes

It’s not really the user experience I think they want people to be having is it?

1 Like

3 Likes

I refuse to comment as I’m still facebook banned from the last time I criticised WTRL.

I would like to, but I won’t.

1 Like

could the rest of us perhaps get the Race Pass functionality now?

The single most important part of this thread.

Please Zwift, listen

5 Likes