Where to watch 2022 Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift

Looked the same as previous days to me, at least before the stage.

1 Like

Just saw this on Cycling Weekly: “Unnecessary” huge crash causes Tour de France Femmes chaos | Cycling Weekly

It’s unfortunate, but crashes happen in bike racing. Sometimes they’re especially awful with life-changing consequences, but this is a reality of the sport we love. I’ve seen a lot of chatter in my FB feeds around the various mishaps in this race, and seen a lot of conjecture from people who weren’t there, victim-blaming, finger-pointing and other kinds of toxic clutter that I’d prefer not to have here.

Can I bring this thread back to the where to watch the femmes? I personally have been watching on different streamers each day because there are um, options and differences.

Stage 1: I’m based in the US, so watched the show on CNBC with commentary by Antony McCrossen and Hannah Walker. They’re a great team with good chemistry and very deep knowledge of the women’s peloton.

Stage 2: I have a Flosports subscription. In Canada, they broadcast the ASO feed with the same Ant McCrossen - Hanna Walker team as Peacock/CNBC. In the US, Flobikes is not showing the race because NBC-Universal has the rights here, but winkwink VPN can take you to other places.

Stages 3 & 4: I have a GCN+ subscription. GCN is rebroadcasting the Eurosport feed in the UK and Australia with Marty McCrossan, Dani Rowe and Dani Christmas as primary commentators. Color commentators like Iris Slappendel report from the motorcycle. This feed adds significantly more insight from expert presenters, more camera POV’s than the stock ASO feed. It’s what the story I linked upstream is talking about.

Why do I have three subscriptions? Because for US subscribers, there is no single streamer that carriers all the major road racing events from around the world, never mind cyclocross, track, mountain bike World Cups, etc.

For anyone with a Eurosport subscription - do they carry all the major events? Are there any big events they don’t broadcast? I’m wondering if I should pony up for a Eurosport subscription and cancel the others?

2 Likes

I have Peacock and GCN+ (w/VPN, when needed). I definitely prefer the GCN coverage, but I get Peacock for free, so it’s a good backup for the (very few) races they carry.

I also flip between Peacock and GCN+, turning them on for a month or two when they have coverage I want to watch. Apple makes it easy via the app/App Store.

Cycling Tips (.com) has a “How to Watch Pro Cycling in the US in 2022” article with a race calendar lined up the streaming services.