Thanks for the Squirrels

They’re hilarious.

I wasn’t sure if I was seeing things this AM. At the last second I noticed a gray object appear between other riders and disappear as we sped by, and thought to myself “Was that a squirrel?”

Now you can curse them out on your virtual rides just like you do on real rides. :slight_smile:

Extra credit reading on the topic for cyclists in the US (and abroad if you’re a history buff): http://gizmodo.com/the-fascinating-story-of-why-u-s-parks-are-full-of-squ-1478182563

So let me get this straight: I have the clockwise route AND close calls with squirrels to look forward to on my Zwift ride tonight? Can’t wait.

I’ve been thinking about the lack of squirrels in the actual Zwift world…not the squirrel at the start screen.  Is this something that has disappeared since the inception of the game?

I see him quite often, usually on Box Hill (London) when I cross the KOM banner.

See him in the picture on the railing. He would jump of the railing and run away.

In the real world North American squirrels are constantly attempting to commit suicide by bike.  From your example it appears that British Squirrels are less desperate to die.  I have yet to see any depressed squirrels darting across the road in Zwift.  Have you ever seen him do anything other than herald your arrival at the top of Box Hill?   

That’s Scotty! He’s… smarter… than your average squirrel. And probably much happier than the rest as well.