Robo pacers don't provide draft

That’s normal, gravel bike slower.

You can also try the buffalo bike, it is supposed to be slower but with disc wheels still goes well.

2 Likes

Aye, I know. I just didn’t expect it to be quite so many watts! :smile:

I’ve done that by accident and it was a nasty surprise! When I want a small increase in effort I use the Zwift Steel bike with “classic” wheels.

The list of pace partners seemed weird today as well, the order was messed up (D-B-A-C or whatever), couldn’t find a Watopia Coco (possibly others missing as well) at all and even the Makuri Coco seemed to disappear from the list for a while (I first accidentally pressed join ride before even getting my shoes on and then had to look around quite a bit to rejoin).

It would be really awesome if you could just push a button that says “show me the C pace partners” and get a list of only those. It would also make larger numbers of pace partners more manageable in the UI.

Earlier it showed Watopia Coco and Watopia Maria at the start of the list for me since those are the ones I normally use, seems to me that something out of the ordinary is going on.

@Marek … Re “only affects a very small amount of riders”, I suspect this is not isolated to some riders; rather a platform-wide issue that affects all riding with RobPacer. Like some bug issues, one can lives with it in the hope that it gets resolved relatively quickly. I noticed this all week, and more recently today with Yumi, CoCo and Maria.

Either this gets fixed, or Zwift acknowledges this as “new” behavior that we all need to get used to. In the “new” world, folks who would pick Constance may need to select Genie, pick Coco instead of Yumi, etc.

1 Like

They were normal order for me, with the ones I’d recently joined at the front.

Can report the same. It seems the pace partners are not draftable any more or not how much like before. They can draft from us normally.

1 Like

Maybe someone’s inadvertently activated PD4 :smile:

I did do 42km with Coco group this morning and it was fairly normal, 41.2km/h average.

What I did notice this time was the large group at the front broke away and Coco bot wasn’t able to chase them so easily. That’s good, that means people who want to ride at advertised pace will get the pace they expect.

Coco is always a big group. You will not notice a change there. Ride with higher bots and less participants as Genie or Costance and you will get it.

3 Likes

The Pacers was never able to chase a group they can only ride at a prescribed power value. If there’s one or a hundred riders with or in front of them it stays the same.

I have had the same problems. These issues started a week or more ago now. There is definitely a difference in the way the ride goes compared to the last few months. It is very difficult to stay with the pacer at times now which hasn’t been a problem before. At times I will stop pedaling for a long while and still gain distance on the pacer and drop the pacer, which is just not right. This is while on a regular paced ride as I have done many times before. Then other rides or times during the same ride get dropped while putting out way more than needed or usually needed to get back on or stay on the pack. Something changed for sure. I got a update a week or two back now and this started with that update. I understand they want pack dynamics to mimic real rides. Great progress has been made overall with the pacers and game as a whole but something is definitely different and screwed up to say the least. Getting dropped on a 2.1 Maria ride while trying to stay on or catch up while putting out 5 or more is not acceptable. Just man up accept responsibility for a issue and fix it. There is too many people having the same issues for there not to be a problem. We support and use the platform enough to know if something is different and not right.

1 Like

It sounds a little like the robo pacer functionality might have been mixed up with the holo replay rider.

2 Likes

I figure it’s something simple too. I’m not sure what but something isn’t right.

sorry for being unclear. what i meant was that it affects small groups where there are only a few individuals. not that it affects specific individuals. thanks SL!

thanks for the confirmation, @C_hristoph_SZR

James from zwift confirmed in the beginning of the conversation that PD4 is only activated for specific events so this will not be the case.

beside that, the issue only affects the bot who seems to provide no draft. the draft for the rest of the group works as before. if you look at my screenshot you can see that being behind the bot my watts are the same while the person behind me has significantly lower output.

thanks for confirming that you also experienced the same, @Andy.17