Ride Lead - no comms

Hi folks!

I just led the REVO Spin& Sprint and again no comms at all, I been experiencing this problem for 2-3 weeks, same happened when I led the ZA group ride which can be very frustrating. I am due to lead a ZA ride tomorrow so I would appreciate if you could advice me on what to do so I can make this ride successful.

Btw also is happening when I join the ZA group rides and I’m showing a super tan for the past 5 days. I been hearing a lot of my teammates that lead weekly rides have the same problem.
Look forward to hear from you.
Kind Regards.

Karla

That has been going on for months for me and has been reported multiple times in the forums.

With the Apple TV I always restart (the device, not the app, the latter sometimes works but often enough it doesn’t) before every ride, that almost always fixes it for a single group activity.

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a fix.

Same here. Using Ipad and Iphone for app/ companion. Before leading or riding now I default to check FIRST for an update (since I know at some point this was linked to updates not being complete) but even with no updates, I can bounce into a ride and not have any communications. This seems to be happening more regularly, I’ll even try to log in and log out multiple times, and not have any communications. I think I saw this issue first about 6 months ago, and have been experiencing it more and more recently. It would be awesome if this could get fixed, I feel so badly when people join the rides and think no one can see them or chat with them.

Is there anything I can do to help? I can send files on specific days when I know I had problems if that would be something that is helpful for diagnosing. Thanks in advance!

I don’t think that ever helps. Try to force-quit the app, get a new DHCP lease, and open the app again:

Addendum: to be clear, the app where the game engine is running. Steps should be similar on the iPad.

(On the Apple TV, restarting is both easier and faster.)