Renpho AI Bike - no resistance in game [January 2022] [SOLVED]

Interesting because my phone is named Haroon’s A52 - tech can be so finnicky…but happy that it’s working - I guess the right expression here is: Ride On! :slight_smile:

Great news guys, QZ app now has terrain feedback in freeride mode, thanks to Roberto. I’ve tested it on beta version. Once you download it, send email to Roberto and he will get send you the beta version.

3 Likes

Temporary solution “or maybe permanent for me” try out rgt or rouvy

Seems like I ordered my AI Bike for Zwift just in time. /s

1 Like

I have the same issue, any work arounds

I have been trying out Rouvy as an alternative (they have a free 14 day trial). The have a lot of real-world routes, but the big thing missing for me is the community / competitive side of racing against lots of other riders that Zwift provides. On Rouvy, there is rarely more than one or two riders on a course, and often none at all. They do have events, but with a fraction of the participation of Zwift events.

If you are just looking to ride by yourself, then these may be good options as the Renpho bike does work with Rouvy without issue.

2 Likes

I received an update for my Renpho bike via AI app. It’s improved things a little but it isn’t right yet. On a side note I have been trying out Kinomap (there is a 14 day free trail). The bike works well with it and is supported. I am impressed with Kinomap, I may jump ship! If you’re into lots of community events like racing then Zwift is probably better for you. I gave up Zwift racing after about my 100th last place! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hope it will fix soon. Ordered my Renpho yesterday to use it with Zwift only.

1 Like

Is this the beta version for iOS?

Yes, I have IOS beta version 2.9.36 running on my iphone.

Folks, update to QZ app testing.
For android I have terrain feedback working on beta version 2.9.35
For IOS I have terrain feedback working on beta version 2.9.36
Send Roberto email to get these beta versions if interested in using Renpho with Zwift.
Again, nice job Roberto.

I have the same issue too. And am trying out Rouvy which responds well to terrain changes. Will be terminating my Zwift subscription if Zwift still does not fix this issue introduced with the changes they made.

2 Likes

I have the qz app. You say to email Roberto to get the beta version for iOS but I do not have his address?

roberto_viola83@gmail.com

Hey guys, I got an update for my Renpho AI Bike in the AI Gym app today that fixes the resistance and gearing issue. I just did a 30 min ride with it and it’s back to working perfectly.

Worth a check to see if the update is on your app now too.

1 Like

It will be great, if the update help. But for me comes 2 day to late :grinning: I tried out Rouvy over the weekend and am satisfied with the app. It feels more realistic to me and the video tracks are way better than the 3D Zwift worlds. It feels not like a Game, but yes… if you like to cycle with other… Zwift is better.

Could you post the device information?

I have both Rouvy and Zwift. They each offer a different experience.

2 Likes

Interesting. No update on mine. Will get in touch with them. Thanks.

Colin - where do you see the update in the AI Gym app? I have it open, but do not see any upgrade notice, and don’t seem able to select the “Firmware Upgrade” option under “Manage Devices”. Do I need to contact Renpho directly to get the upgrade?