Ray tracing?

I’m planning to get RTX 2060 and was wondering if Zwift will support ray tracing. It would be nice and I’d be happy to beta test ray tracing feature and send any bug reports. I’m getting it for doing machine learning, so it would be nice to see Zwift take advantage of it. In particular the edge of the road on the mountain climbs look bad and feels a bit jarring to me with a 2K monitor and 1070 gpu.

They’re jarring on a small monitor too. The road hovering a foot from the ground is one of the quaint idiosyncrasies of Zwift. Particularly on AdZ where you can see the road below through the gap between the asphalt and the grass or snow. :smiley:

LOL, it totally bothered me too the first few times on AdZ, but now I just go a bit harder so that I focus on the burning sensation in my legs instead of how annoying that bug is.

I just ordered rtx 2060. Please adding ray tracing support, I will happily beta test it. thanks!

1 Like

I know its a feauture that only 1% of the users might use but Ray tracing support will be dope to have.Idk what engine zwift uses but Nvidia states that is only a bit of trouble.
Also it just works… :joy:

1 Like

YES PLEASE. Just got a 2060 and think this would be incredible.

1 Like

Hey folks,

I’m looking at an RTX 2060 too. Probably go with a Ryzen 7 2700.

What monitors/TV are you using? I’m probably going to get a new TV - Samsung MU7000 which I believe is 4K with a 120hz refresh rate.

Would be good to know your experience.

rtings.com is a fantastic resource is you are searching for a new TV. The amount of info they provide for every TV is great and they have a handy comparison tool. The MU7000 doesn’t do 120hz at any resolution.

I used that site when picked up a new TV a few years ago. I ended up going with the Sony X900E over the MU8000 for it’s local dimming and 1080p @120hz capabilities.

I’ve run Zwift at 1080p 120hz, but now I’m running at 4K 60hz with my graphics card V-sync enabled to run a steady 60fps. I think it looks better, though some prefer the 120hz experience.

Input lag isn’t really a big deal while running Zwift. The power input from your trainer is already at least a second delayed to the game so even a 50ms response time difference on your display isn’t going to make any difference in game.

1 Like

I’m also waiting for Ray tracing

2 Likes

+1

Please