Races - Watts - results

Hi all,

Made my first run yesterday, race of 15,7 km length. It was quite frustrated for me. I have 109 kg and a ftp of 200. So i decided to go on “D” for drivers of 1,5 to 2,5 w/kg. My average watt was 198. I was wondering that people of less kg and 135 watt in average for able to be in fron of me. Is this realistic? For sure less weight more speed, but so big difference. Is there a calculation basic to find out how much watt i have to power to come to the results of top 10 drivers?

Thanks for your support.

By the way, people not using heart rate and beeing over 2,5 have not been disqualified as per notice of Zwift app.

Cheers and safe riding to all of you

Frank

Hi,

They will be disqualified on Zwiftpower with a mention “HR” instead of their rank in the race result.

1 Like

Okidoki, thanks for answer

This is hard to answer @Frank_Jager, lots of variables can effect your speed. For example, height and weight increase your drag on Zwift so the lighter person could also be shorter and have less drag. In game bike and wheel choice, some bikes are faster. Race tactics, the people finishing faster than you could be better at drafting and conserving energy and will only “burn matches” where it counts. Lighter riders will have the advantage on hills, where you would be faster on the flats.

Thanks for update and quick reply. I’ll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue.