Pack Dynamics Testing (from 29th October onwards)

Likely an update in 1.32

1 Like

Is 1.32 for January 32nd? :rofl:

1 Like

Is something already expected to go live in 1.32 or just some updates required before further testing?

I believe it is just updates needed to resume testing. Probably December 7th or 14th

1 Like

We’re not that silly :joy:

Just an update to the functionality which we’ll test and evaluate further.

4 Likes

Braking for corners ?

I don’t believe I mentioned braking for corners when I said PD4 :joy:

I don’t know how far our corner braking is.

Just like in a singles bar, if you don’t ask, you’ll never know :wink:.
Although both should contribute to improving racing, and corner braking is probably simpler to implement even if won’t affect as wide a range of race routes.

2 Likes

Did 1.32 add the changes needed to further test PD4? If so, when’s the next test event :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Pack Dynamics 4 is still under development. It’s enabled only in test events for now. See this thread for details .”

Maybe I’m reading it incorrectly. It sounded to me like they have the changes in and can test it…

“ We have implemented new tweaks based on community feedback following successful tests of Pack Dynamics V4. We will continue testing following the release of game version 1.32 in a similar fashion”

Edit: to be clear I’m talking about test events, not expecting it to be released broadly of course.

No. You and me are evidently reading it all wrong. Nothing yet has evidently been changed related to any pack dynamics.

Yeah, I presume this is what has changed in 1.32 with regards to pack dynamics, prerequisites for further testing.

(This kind of use of “successful” somehow reminds me of UCI press releases, go figure…)

The PD4 changes have been updated in 1.32 but are not applied to any events currently.

Because it is critical that all riders are on the new version, we’ll likely have a test towards the end of next week.

3 Likes

:+1: I wonder why they’re seemingly dragging their heels on this?

These things take time.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it released a couple of months back? It was even described in the FAQs. Did it hit some snags?

I genuinely do not know.

If you’re talking about “braking for corners”, Flint recently commented on a thread that they were working on it and that he had seen some internal testing but he didn’t know how the testing was progressing and he didn’t have an ETA.

I think there was confusion at the time of the ‘this season on Zwift FAQ’ release. (Link below). I think, in advance of this FAQ release, they had said it was coming, and then within the FAQ they covered it again within a section of things which had been implemented. I didn’t think Autobraking had been implemented and started a short thread which was soon answered by another forum user that it had not yet been implemented.

https://support.zwift.com/this-season-on-zwift-faq-rJXEpTz1j

1 Like