Pace Partners graduate to Robo Pacers [October 2022]

I’ve just logged in as Miguel to check that he is definitely on the Tron bike, which he is. As he is just another Zwifter on a Tron, there isn’t any plausible explanation why he would experience a different rolling resistance on the gravel to other Zwifters.

Not sure if you have had a chance to check out this other thread.

What changes were made, if any, to pace partners to stop the npc’s from changing color as they rode past? Could it be related?

It definitely doesn’t have any relation to rolling resistance.

1 Like

The base power of those faster bots is okay but the power they do uphill is too great a jump.

Bring back Amelia Anquetil at a steady 4.2w and 65kg weight.

1 Like

something seems to be going on once they get to the new passage to Urukazi from Yemezi. The PP slows down as they enter the dirt but as soon as they get to the new intersection he speeds back up and it doesn’t look like the other Zwifters are as well… like the rules are applied differently?

1 Like

This is also a good example for the huge step in the road between Yumezi and Neokyo.
At around 0:58 seconds on the above video.

1 Like

This part of road was paved before the update, right? Could it be that the PP is still on tarmac, but all other riders on gravel? Maybe rebooting the PP is an option?

They all switch routes tomorrow morning (7am UTC) so it’ll be interesting to see if it keeps happening.

I’ve asked one of our developers to have a look anyway.

Maybe this current batch needs to be fired. Are you taking applications for Pacers? It seems pretty hard, riding all day like that. But maybe people could work in shifts? :slight_smile:

I looked at the video before, it didn’t look unusual- just normal behaviour I see with the bots surging forward on gravel sections at times.

On gravel you have to kick in and push more or you slow down. Typically I have to grab a higher gear or I slow right down.

We think the gravel issue should be fixed around the 17th, when the Pace Partner software is upgraded.

3 Likes

i’d like to also request getting the pace partners’ routes published somewhere. my personal preference would be in the companion app – that’s where i plan my next ride most of the time, and at least 50% of the time i end up choosing a PP because there isn’t a group ride that appeals at the time i want to ride.

also, @James_Zwift – any thoughts on PP’s using Urukazi routes? i know you just did a ton of research to pick the current rotation, so i imagine it’s nontrivial to add these to the mix?

There are quite a few of these throughout the game now, I’ve noticed a new one in Urukazi too on one of the wooded bridges around the islands, not sure exactly where… not familiar enough with it yet.

1 Like

Yep, looking to use the new Urukazi routes in a couple of weeks time.

4 Likes

The Makuri40 loop would be a great one - not so repetitive.

I ticked that one off already.

3 Likes

I’m guessing the robo pacers aren’t sentient enough yet to know they are no longer called pace partners… Someone needs to update the text file with the banter they give as the B pace robo partner tonight still thinks he’s a pace partner

Coco was still referring to herself as a pace partner too today. I think the bots know that pace partner is a better name for them, so perhaps they do have their own opinions, and are staging a relatively quiet protest against the Robo Pacer naming.

Also this. Never change.

I had just finished a hard race the other day and Miguel passed me and said “Way to stay blobby!” Not only sentient, but also rude.