I’m new to biking, new to training, and new to Zwift. There’s a lot that I don’t understand.
First, when I do one of the pre-programmed rides, (e.g., FTP trainer), is it supposed to be that I don’t feel any resistance when I go up graded “hills,” but that it shows on the screen that I’m going slower? I’m doing the wattage (e.g., 65W), and it feels no different no matter what grade and what speed? Is that the way it’s supposed to be?
Yesterday, it seemed like I had more resistance and I was way more tired at the end of the workout. But nothing on the screen indicated that that should be the case. Was I just tired? Was I imaginign more resistance? It certainly felt that way.
My mileage is low because the screen says I’m only going 2 MPH up a 7% hill, even though I’m going 65W like it tells me to and it feels the same as when I’m going 15MPH on flat terrain.
I don’t get it.
My bike tour set out a training schedule for me. It’s supposed to be this:
April - Weeks 1 & 2
- • 10-15 flat miles twice a week @ 60-70% intensity.
- • 20-30 miles Sundays @ 70-75% intensity.
- • *Ltd - 10-15 miles twice a week @ 60% intensity.
- • *Ltd- 15-20 miles Sundays @ 70% intensity.
- • This is the month to start transitioning your training to mostly outdoors.
- • Ride a 15-25 mile route that is mostly flat to allow for endurance training at a steady pace.
- • One-two rest stops not more than 5-10 min. each.