Measuring exercise in terms of food not good for eating disorders

If you click on Activities in the ZCA you will see your calories burned for individual workouts.

1 Like

If you click on any event it will show you the calories.

See below.

EDIT: Look like Paul beat me to it. :thinking:

1 Like

ah, I see, true… I was thinking about the “Cycling Stats” section of the ZCA, not the rides. Same comment applies though, I like seeing my 7day/30day/lifetime stats on the ZCA, and I don’t want to see “slices burned” there either.

It’s just a bit of fun, and there’s no such thing as a standardised pizza slice. :smiley:

But if it really bothers you, vote this existing request up:

(Although that’s just asking for new units, not scrapping them entirely)

1 Like

A scientist lit a bunch of food on fire in the 1890’s and we still think it matters today… :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I don’t find the “slices” reference helpful, either.

When I eat a pizza IRL, I have all 8 slices…then I get on Zwift and it depresses me that I only burn half of a slice.

Not…Helpful…At…All…

:upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Hey, I’m all for fun (they should have a “pints of beer” option while they are at it), but making the units customizable would be an obvious improvement, which I’m sure they’ll get to eventually.

4 Likes

Should be the original real Italian pizza anyway…which is probably half the calories of US version

Ok, so I have noticed that I’ve done more hours, more levels and more everything in general but have burnt less pizza slices? Why? Can anyone help? Is it because of my weight?

I find it quite bizarre…

Give us your numbers.

1 Like

A pizza slice is 285 calories in Zwift. You’ve burnt around 2,300 calories so far.

1 Like

Yes I can see my calories on activities on the ZCA but This doesn’t answer my question as to why I’ve burnt less but done so much more?!?

Not sure I understand the question. Do you mean your activities add up to less than the summary? I can’t help with that one, sorry.

2 slices an hour is about right for a lot of riding.
Racing maybe 3 slices an hour, easy riding 1.
Going super hard, 4 slices an hour but that’s top level racing.
Maybe convert your calories to M&M’s and see if that sounds better.
But if I did that I would have to literally consume that number of M&M’s after each ride.
Don’t worry. It will all work out fine. Just enjoy the effort and focus less on actual numbers.
Ride On…

More hours, more levels than whom?

In the past 7 days I’ve done 73km, 2h40m and 895m of elevation; that has come out as 6 slices. I’m 74kg, which I would expect to be part of the equation, as well as the power I’m doing.

You’ve done twice the distance, twice the time, and more than twice the elevation; so I guess we might expect it to be 12 slices, all things being equal.

But they’re not equal. We’re different weights, ride different roads at different speeds and powers. I might do more climbing than you, I might do less. I might climb faster, or slower. I might be faster downhill. I might be on a mountain bike while you’re on a TT bike.

There are so many variables that it’s really not simple to make comparisons between people.

1 Like

Thanks just what I needed to hear :wink::biking_woman:t2: Happy riding!

Hi @Charlotte_Georgieva

Welcome to the forum.

Calorie calculation is based on weight and how hard you ride. There are many different ways to calculate calories burned.

See this for more information: Calories Burned Biking/Cycling | Calculator & Formula – Captain Calculator

1 Like

Thanks so much this info is super helpful!

Really appreciate your response!

Happy riding :grinning:

Want some of mine? #humblebrag

4 Likes