Pizza Power alternative

(Heavy Metal Maniac) #1

I’m a vegetarian and never eat pizza, so I don’t really have a connection to the “Pizza Power” metric - I have no idea how much a pizza slice would be :slight_smile:

So how about having an alternative (or several alternatives) in settings for how to display the amount of calories burned. Measurement suggestions:

• Avocado toasts
  • Kg’s of hummus
  • Bananas
  • Peanutbutter and jam sandwiches
  • Cliff bars (you might be able to get some sponsorship for that one :wink: )

(Gleb Chugin #adoptdontshop) #2

Vegetarian means you still consume dairy products, so go try some real pizza, it’s worth it.

(Heavy Metal Maniac) #3

No, it doesn’t :slight_smile: I won’t get into that whole discussion - I only eat plants, but that doesn’t necessarily make me a vegan…

However, even if I did eat dairy, I still think some alternatives would be good for a lot of people who for different reasons do not eat pizza. I know that Zwift is a US-company, so the fact that pizza isn’t a part of the main diet in most parts of the world might be strange, but it is still true…

(Gleb Chugin #adoptdontshop) #4

there is even a pizza for you available theese days. Still worth trying haha.

Well, even tho this option is not necessary in my opinion, it would be nice to have an alternative. I bet those 50lvl guys are sick of pizza slices already lol

(Heavy Metal Maniac) #5

Yeah - meat-based alternatives would be an option as well. Like Measuring calories in number of buffalo wings or T-bone steaks :slight_smile: I’m sure there are lots of meat-eaters, who doesn’t eat pizza as well :wink:

(Gleb Chugin #adoptdontshop) #6

whatever people put in their mouths

(Pitch Blank) #7

What pizza? Quattro formaggi, Hawai? … dont take it to serious but a road racer doesnt it fast food. Soup!

(Aaron Zwanzig) #8

I would like to see it measured in beers. Very dry and hoppy IPAs, specifically.

(Godmother Fox) #9

Best idea so far :+1: :sunglasses:

(S Schwinn Man) #10

:beer::joy::beer::joy::beer::joy::beer:
Today’s calories…:joy::+1:

(Heavy Metal Maniac) #11

I’d love to see a ride up the Alp categorized as a :wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass: effort :slight_smile:

(Daren Chandisingh 🌱 [Vision]) #12

True enough. I eat a plant-based diet but I do tend to describe myself as vegan in dietary terms because otherwise people assume I will eat butter, cheese, eggs, etc. =)

One slice of pizza could have hugely different calorific value compared to another slice. Deep pan? Filled crust? Extra cheese?

I know they specify a slice is 285 calories, but still…

If anything I’d rather have “pounds of fat burnt” - ~3500 calories. :smiley: (Although I know that is also a variable figure.)

(Russell Cruiser) #13

My vote would be for Chocolate pieces, but what about “Fat and Carbs usage” instead of Pizzas (which I rarely eat and don’t associate with calories). More numbers would be better in my mind and Fat and Carbs numbers would fit better with the Calorie number?