Looking at 5 different bikes for zwift. Can someone give me guidance on which to buy?

I use my 3x9 Voodoo Marasa hybrid commuter on my Saris H3, giving a wide range of gears outside and indoors when using 100% trainer difficulty.

Get something that is more likely to tempt you to use it outside as well.

My top tip for a ~£400 if you are under the official max weight of 85Kg at the moment is the Carrera InterCity 9 disc folding bike on sale for £414 before 8% British Cycling membership discount and ~3% Topcashback. It’s a steal for the spec including the same hydraulic brakes as my Marasa!

Alternatively if in UK, look at the Carrera, Voodoo and Boardman hybrid variants.

1 Like

Ah, just the guy I needed to talk to ha. Voodoo and Career are the two brands I was referencing.

To me more specific it is the Voodoo Marasa, Carrera Subway 2 and Carrera Crossfire 3 that I am looking at.

I’m kind turned off from the Crossfire 3 as the front suspension makes the front handlebars a bit too raised for me? Like I won’t be able to get down as low as the other bikes. Also I don’t fancy having to do maintenance on suspension forks.

Have you tried the Marasa on Zwift?

I have the 2020 Marasa, which has 3x9 (newer model is 2x9 I think), which I have used on Zwift on and off since last Easter. I use a 12-36 cassette these days with the triple chains (26/36/48?).

A colleague bought a Cossfire 3 last year I think, the default bar position is ~3cm higher than default on my 18" Marasa, if he moved all spacers under stem it would be very similar. He has had no problems with fork so far.

Marasa is limited ~45mm tyres without mudguards (~37mm rear tyre with guard), Crossfire would easily accept larger, maybe even ~58 (2.3") tyres.

Boardman hybrid frames look much nicer and bikes are ~2Kg lighter, my Marasa is a dependable bike, but I would have bought something a bit nicer if choices weren’t so limited in summer 2020.

1 Like

Yeah the Boardman does look great. But its slightly more expensive so I may hold off on them.

I can’t find the default bar position height on the specs? Or did you measure it yourself

Edit: Ah nevermind, there’s more detailed stats on their official website.

1 Like