Let's introduce ourselves!

I’m Allan Watkins from Austin, TX. I’m a husband and now a father of one little girl born this September. I’ve spent more time indoors than I like due to the newborn so I’ve got to find ways to keep it interesting!! :slight_smile:

I have been cycling for 6-7 years regularly. The most I’ve ridden is around 9-10k miles in a 12 month period of time, I ride outdoors, indoors, trainer, rollers and all for road cycling. Recently got into racing a couple years ago and got my cat 4 upgrade, then went with CTS coaching to push me to cat 3 and beyond.

Greetings, I’m Mika from Finland. Age is 39 and I have been riding more seriously for the last 5 years. Weather in Finland is quite bad at the moment, so indoor training is a must to stay in fit! Looking forward to have lot of fun with Zwift this Winter!

Noel Nunkovich from Chapel Hill, NC. 44 years old. I came to road cycling about 4 years ago after many years of being a couch potato. Got hooked immediately and now I’m 50 lbs lighter with 20 to go (I hope to be there by 1 March) and regularly compete in XC mountain bike races, time trials, and starting this year, Cyclocross.

The weather’s usually pretty nice here but after several years of using TrainerRoad, where I was also a beta tester, I am more comfortable doing some kinds of things on the trainer. Coupled with short days and long work hours this time of year, most of my weekday rides are trainer based. This year I’ve started working with a coach and gotten more serious about training.

I’m a software developer with an electronics and microcontroller background and an avid software and gadget geek so Zwift is right up my ally. I’m looking forward to improve this product and I’m really looking forward to it going live. I look forward to riding with you.

Hey Chris from Canada… 43 years old been racing since I was 17… Been riding a computrainer for about 10 years now for winter training as well as cross country skiing.

Eric, from Bend, OR. Was a triathlete but mostly a mountain biker now. With the trails covered in snow right now, Zwift came along just in time. At least until I try/get a fat bike. Loving Zwift on my Kickr. Crazy how motivating it is seeing one of you out in front of me or coming up on my tail.

Awesome to see people from so many different countries here.

Hi I am Andreas 35 years from Hamburg Germany. I am a triathlete since 2005 after 6 years of Marathon running and finished all distances between sprint and Ironman. As I am user of a Tacx Bushido, I am looking forward to Zwift supporting the Tacx to be able to feel the hills in my legs :slight_smile:

Mitch from Canada. i am 17 years old and am determined and am training to win cyclocross nationals. I also want to race for Canada in belgum. our winters our brutal (-45). i am a pure roadie/crosser. i race cat 2/3 and am fast.

Way to go Mitch - strong intro. We are going to hold you to those promises on “the road”.

Hi everybody. I’m Blake. I am in the process of moving from Houston to Amarillo, Texas, USA. I just turned 40 and just completed my 7th Ironman last weekend in Arizona. I’m a bigger guy, so until they put in some sort of adjustment for W/Kg, I could be pretty competitive on here! :slight_smile: Really looking forward to the evolution of this game. My first 45 mins tonight was a blast. Should help pass the time this winter on the Kickr!

Julian from Ireland. Club and Open Road Racing and Sportives during the good weather. 43 Years old and have been using Tacx Reallife GPS training the past few years. Never a huge fan of Turbo Training but what I have seen so far I am impressed with. I like the Group Ride concepts that I have seen so far.

Hello all,

My name is Steve, I from America and live in the fine state of Wisconsin. I mostly road bike, and I am using Zwift while on rollers. I watched some howto videos and converted them to “free motion” rollers that you can kind of see in my thumbnail photo. I am going to try and ride consistently at 7pm CST (GMT-6). See you on the other side.

Im Brook from Oklahoma City. 50yo and a cat1 MTBer (mostly marathons). With two girls in club soccer Im traveling a lot. Getting a good trainer sessions is usually critical to filling in the gaps for maintaining fitness. Ive been a computrainer owner in years past but am now riding a Kickr. Ive used several “VR” apps out there including tour de giro, cycleops, and a few others. looking forward to the mental boost of competing on this.

Anthony from Seattle. Been riding since the mid 90s, mostly MTB with some road and cross too. I do a few endurance MTB and gravel events each year. I’ve been using a Computrainer with ErgVideo regularly since 2009. Looking forward to seeing a new program with a more interactive nature to keep motivation up.

Tim from Massachusetts (USA) here, 37. Been into cycling for 4 years now, started as a commuter, turned into long distance rider, then road racer, and now exploring cyclecross and MTB. I work in Information Technology as a system administrator, so I really enjoy testing, configuring and troubleshooting anything technical. I look forward to help make this an awesome product by combining two of the things I love.

Stephen from Perth, Australia. In the old man category (over 55’s) with an FTP of 230.
Mostly triathlon focussed with IM’s and Half IM’s.
Started using the Kickr recently and looking forward to helping with feedback for Zwift as well as improving my fitness and racing.

Mathieu from Montreal Canada. I’m 32 years old and a Master 1(in Qc) or Cat 3 road racers and endurance mountain bike racer with a FTP of 320.

Mainly training with my Quarq, Kurt Kinetic Road Machine or MOZ-Roller. I’ve been using Trainer Road since two years. Looking forward Zwift to add some fun in my winter training because winter is looooonnnnggg down here!

Hi all,

Marc here from Frankfurt Germany, 42 years old. Primarily a Road Racer but training for my first Iron Man next year.

Looking forward to see you on the Island!

Hi all, I’m Rich from Gatineau, Québec. I do a lot of long distance (300km+) road bike rides, cyclosportives, and a bunch of races each year. I’ve done the Étape du Tour 6 times so far. I train as much as I can to limit my losses during the long winter months. I’m 43 and also work part time as a mountain bike and road bike coach.

Hi everyone, I’m Jeral, 38 year young from Singapore. Been doing leisure cycling for the past 3 years both locally and in neighboring countries. I also did some century rides as and when the opportunity arises. With the addition of my second baby princess, I am now mostly confined to indoor riding. My list of indoor training options include Youtube and TrainerRoad. Having done my first Zwift trial, I must say it is very entertaining with lots of potential. Looking forward to more rides on Zwift island and would love to make more friends out there.

Hey all,
My name is Rich and I’m 51 and live in Iowa. Winters can be brutal here as well, so Zwift is coming at a Great time! I’ve been racing Triathlons and Time Trials for the last 7-8 years and cycling for 10.

I’m riding a 2014 Felt AR5 and upgraded from 105’s to full Ultegra. I also have a Powertap Pro and riding on a Cycleops Fluid Trainer. My current FTP is only at 210. Really looking forward to riding with some of you guys and gals.

See you on the inside!