Issues with wattage

(Simen Andvik (A)) #1

Hello! 

Im getting a issue with the Watts and speed in race and free rides. The thing is, in Workouts its all fine i get the right amount of watts for the effort im putting in, but when im doing a Free ride/race i get like 60-100w when i normaly would be pushing 600-800w, with the same gear and cadence. This also happens in the FTP sessions, the warmup and such is all fine, but when i hit the 20min’s im going to do the FTP, i get the same problems as in Free ride/race’s. 

My trainer: Elite Realtour B+, im pairing over Ant+ and runing Zwift on my PC.

(Jon Mayfield) #2

ERG gear and cadence cannot be compared to normal riding.  You can do 200 watts in any gear at any cadence in ERG mode, but in non-erg mode putting out 200watts in your smallest gear would be very difficult or impossible on a flat road.  

In non-erg modes you need to use a normal gear like you would outdoors. Big chainring up on the front, and something in the middle on the cassette.

(Simen Andvik (A)) #3

Yh, well the problem is that this worked fine one day, i raced and it was all good, and the day after i used the Workout session i could not push over 100watts in free rides /races even if i have done it before. I could even push 1000 watts in Free rides /races using ofc the normal gearing as i would do outside, i would never ever try to push watts on flat road in my smallest gear. But if i try to push 1000 watts now in my biggest gear, i can only get 150watts. This is not they way it should be. 

I cant race like eveyone else do because of this, i get like 15kmh at max, and that is when i give it my all.

I did a race one day and it was fine, the next day i did a workout session and that was okey to. The day after i was doing a training race and this happend. Whitout changing any of the setting or anything else. 

(A MT) #4

I have a similar problem with a BKool Pro. It is fine for workouts. But for general riding I cannot generate any power / speed on the flats and get left behind.

Then when I get to a hill, the resistance increases, my power output goes up and I start passing the people who overtook me on the flat…