Is there an iPhone / iPad version in the works?

I have what I need for Zwift, including a compatible smart trainer, bluetooth cadence and heart rate sensors etc but what I don’t have is a PC capable of running it.

On the FAQ on the site it’s indicated that there is an iOS version in the works? Is this still the case (and I don’t mean the connect app), so I could use my iPhone or iPad to play Swift without having to connect it to a PC?

There’s an iOS app which compliments zwift but i doubt there’ll be a full iOS version any time soon (I’m sure Zwift will confirm either way).

Also you need ANT+ devices, not Bluetooth.

My sensors are dual band BTLE and ANT+ so no problem there. 

Of course iPad/iPhone only works with BT. 

I just ask because the FAQ on the website says there is an iOS version in the works. 

From what I understand, iOS is something we’d like to do, but it’s not a sure thing or on the immediate roadmap.

With Zwift being as graphically demanding as it is, porting it would be a lot of work (and we’re a small studio), so we’re going to be focusing on other basic features for the game first.

Thanks Jason, that makes a lot of sense.

May I suggest removing the line from the FAQ saying you’re releasing a version in Fall 2015? :slight_smile:

I see the FAQ has been updated to say an iOS version is coming in Summer 2016. 

Does this mean it’s being worked on?

I’m wondering if this is any further down then process line

Any update on this? If there is a beta version i’m welling to ride on it :slight_smile:

Count me in for beta testing as well!  Please make it viable as a “landscape” mode for iOS

Any updates on this? Thanks

Whilst I’ve not participated in this thread, I have been checking back once a month to see if there’s any progress.

Looking at the specs of the A9X processor, I can honestly see no good technical reason why an IOS specific implementation couldn’t be released.

I really hope for an iOS specific version as I really do not want to have to upgrade my 7yo iMac just for one app for my winter training.

I would love to be able to connect my iPhone or iPad and not have to lug my MacPro to my Pain Cave.  Is it unreasonable to get a response on an update.  Even if it had the metrics w/o the graphics an IOS version would be helpful and get more users online more often $$$$$$.

Another scenario: I am on vacation and I brought my bike along. A few rainy days, I got a trainer along with me, but I didn’t want to bring PC, cables, etc. so an iPhone app would be ideal!  I’ll be out of town for a while, so instead I am pausing my subscription.

I’m on the IOS train as well.  I already have a tablet mount for my bike as I came from using the tacx app to zwift.  Being able to run zwift on my iPad while still able to use the tv for media consumption or even  ipad+trainer on vacation would be a huge value add for me.  It’d also be helpful convincing my wife to ride with me as she cares zero about zwift but will join in if I turn on tv/movies/etc.

Looks like they’ve just made a big announcement, a 64-bit only iOS implementation is going into beta shortly. 

Bit rude not to interact with the community who’ve been asking for this for for over a year. 

http://zwiftblog.com/ios/

Indeed Matt, I was hoping for some feedback or some discussion on this

Matt,

They posted it on Facebook and even have a nice video about it.

Zwift don’t tend to post that sort of thing here they rely on the likes of the Zwift Riders Facebook group

Personally I think they should also inform users here. I avoid Facebook at all costs and IMO, it’s a bummer that all the discussion about updates, etc happens there. I understand it is obviously a personal choice, but it is one platform I just don’t use.

Zwift iOS is coming, I’ve just put up an indepth look at a pre-beta version of the app here:

http://www.titaniumgeek.com/cycling/zwift/zwift-ios-game-app-review-full-zwift-in-your-pocket/