Hide flyers in group rides instead of fence

That seems an awful lot of work and development to resolve an issue that, to put it simply, is the responsibility of the person signing up to the ‘event’.

A quick Google search asking what is a group ride in cycling will present a heap of results. Likewise if you are unsure what a race is then ask your favourite search engine.

It is also common for ride leaders to indicate exactly what is being offered during the ride in the last 5 minutes of waiting in the pens. Quite often that detail is also presented in the opening couple of miles. So as a participant there is no excuse for not knowing what is going to happen in the event.

The biggest problem, and one that has been covered many many times on this forum, is the classification system. A w/kg system means a big issue for lighter riders on flat routes, which the majority of group rides use. Even as a 69kg (B Cat) male i sometimes struggle when a ride leader is 80-85kg and i join a ride that is towards the upper end of my performance bracket.

1 Like