Heart rate to screen when workout is 'paused'?

How about adding heart rate to screen when workout is ‘paused’? May be pausing ride to get heartrate back down.

Can I ask why you’re pausing a workout to get your heart rate down? If you’re doing a structured workout designed by a coach (such as the majority of native Zwift workouts), the amount of recovery built in between the intervals was designed to acheive a certain intended purpose. If you change the recovery interval on a regular basis, you may be changing the purpose and effects of the workout.

If you’re finding that you have a hard time completing workouts without doing this, your FTP may be set a little too high for your current fitness level. You could try lowering it slightly (or using the “-” key to set your FTP bias lower temporarily) and see if you can get through the workout that way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Karissa Minn

Reasons for ‘Pause’.

1. Butt break.

2. Avg cadence dropping

By observing the zone I am in, ie dropping out of, I can determine ‘break over’. (I usually only need 45 seconds for butt circulation to return, not strong enough to stand on trainer yet)

.” You could try lowering it slightly (or using the “-” key to set your FTP bias lower temporarily) and see if you can get through the workout that way” Have not tried this, thanks!!

Did the introduction to Fondo Plan yesterday. Current FTP setting was as they described. ( restricted to 400w with dumb Kreitler)

Not concerned with getting HR down unless I am at very peak max for too long.

“intervals was designed to achieve a certain intended purpose.” I understand, but very good point thanks.(not just torture huh :slight_smile)

1 Like

I definitely understand the butt break! haha.