Heart Rate Monitor No Longer Pairs After Update

Same issue here I have tried several heart rate monitors and straps and none will pair to include Jabra pulse, Bragi Dash, ticr x. Using pixel 3 with latest updates to app and phone.

Iā€™m having the same problem. I just bought the CooSpo HR Monitor. It works fine with the Wahoo Fitness app on my Samsung S7 but when I try to pair it with the Companion App, it tells me the connection is rejected by the HR monitor. Same on the Zwift AppleTV4K app - it connects but doesnā€™t receive a signal. Iā€™m using a Wahoo Snap trainer plus Duotrap which registers fine on the TV app.

I bought this unit based on amazon reviewers stating they were using it with Zwift.

Installed Zwift beta on Samsung A5. HR will not connect. I also have Roovy and Garmin on the phone, both of which have no issue connecting to Garmin HR 2662. Rest of software seems to run ok. Also, I run the app on my phone and cast it to PC. This is because phone is Ant+ and PC isnā€™t. Using windows Connect seems to crash the software on the phone periodically.
Back to Roovy till you get these fixed.

Not resolved yet Iā€™m guessing?
Iā€™m new to Zwift but no joy connecting a generic bluetooth HRM on either the android app (beta) or windows 7, despite it working fine with Strava.
Occasionally Zwift manages to discover it if I switch to ā€œuse built-in bluetooth (beta)ā€ but drops the signal shortly after.

1 Like

Hi, my laptop performed some updates for Zwift yesterday, and now even though my Ant + Minoura HRM pairs the same as before, no HR data is displayed or recorded. The pairing displayed a brand name I had never heard of. I unpaired and searched again. It then said I was using a Stages HRM, does a thing exist? But still no HR data. I loaded up another training programme on the laptop and the HR data was displayed. Any ideas how to resolve this please?

Hey @Dave_Mellor has this only been happening since you performed those updates? Were you able to troubleshoot your ANT + connection with our guide? https://support.zwift.com/en_us/my-ant+-signal-is-dropping-(cycling)-SJdW01bHX

I will say that right now ANT + is not officially supported with the Beta. So there could be some possible issues.

Is this on a laptop running Windows or Android? On Android, as Vincent mentions, ANT+ support is not official (which reminds me, I should try it again on my tablet).

Hi all,
I have exactly the same thing like in subject, since the update (27.02) on my laptop (windows), with Polar H7. Pairs, but never picks up HR and displays No Signal soon after. I checked heart monitor with Strava/Tacx and works without any problem.I also connect Tacx cadence via bluetooth and works perfectly.

Same thing here. Looking at the connections in zwift theyā€™re all showing the waves. In the Zwift Companion app my Polar cadence sensor is showing up but not the H7. When checking the connected bluetooth devices on my iPhone 8 the H7 is connected (I never paired it, itā€™s just there) along with the cadence sensor and my Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+.
It used to work before.

Having a similar problem after the December 2019 update. My Garmin heart rate strap pairs in the zwift setting screen and shows my heart rate. However, when I return to riding screen my heart rate shows up as 0 in the game while my garmin 520 shows my heart rate fine. Seems like there is a problem.

1 Like

Hello,
My TickR connects fine to my PC the first time, but if I go out of reach of bluetooth to get water, and come back, there is only one way to reconnect: restart Zwift.
Any correction planned soon?
Thanks,

try toggling the Bluetooth off, wait a bit, then back on again on your PC - you may need to pair everything again but at least you donā€™t have to restart zwift

Tried to reconnect from Zwift, but Zwift doesnā€™t see the TickR, from the computer (forget, and reconnect), which works for the computer, but Zwift still doesnā€™t see the TickR in the pairing menu.

Cedric,

Ps: to be fair, at the moment, I really fed up the user interface of zwift, anything you do seems to involve a 5mn restart:

• check on course badges to choose a courseā€“>5mn restart
  • change courseā€“>5mn restart
  • go for waterā€“>5mn restart+loss of course progress
    -ā€¦

you shouldnā€™t pair it to your computer - forget the device from your device list on your pc - then lauch zwift and pair it there.

I think the user interface is having a complete overhaul soon so try not to get too down on it for now and it should be better in the (hopefully) not too distant future

1 Like

I had exactly the same experience. HRM would connect and display HR, but if it ever lost connection it would not re-establish.

Bluetooth connections direct to Zwift on a PC are fairly new, and simply donā€™t work very well. If possible, use Zwift Companion as a bridge between your devices and PC - at least until Zwift gets the Bluetooth on PC stuff sorted.

yes, tried this too, but didnā€™t work.

Iā€™m not too convinced on the correction speed of Zwift team, as I feel the user experience isnā€™t their priority: route change menu for example, has been raised at least 2 years ago, and there still nothing available.

Cedric,

Hi did you ever get a resolution to this? I am new to Zwift but having exactly the same issue, Garmin HRM is detected in startup but then HR is shown as 0 when starting a ride/workout. slightly frustrating as it obviously knows it is there! Zwift is up to date as of the weekend. Thanks!

Same issue here. Iā€™m new to zwift, using an android one plus 5g. I have a medisana ble HRM strap. Can pair it with heart rate monitoring app and it works fine, but in zwift always shows 0bpm.

1 Like

Hi,
Same issue for me also. I the past I used my HR device without any issue. But now the device is listed, I can select it, but NO SIGNAL or 0 BPM the message.
Until now it was worked. I tried all of recommendations by support. Close other app-s switching Bluetooth on-off, restart Zwift, restart phone, replace battery. Only had one success yesterday, from some mysterious case I had success, but can not reproduce anymore. The other applications can recognize the HR device immediately (BKOOL and other apps also).
System: Android 9
Mobile: Huawei P20 pro
App: Zwift V118-1.0.48969
Senzor: Geonaut BLE HRM 125 - Bluetooth

Zwift team check it Please. That can be a little issue only in your code to read the data from HR monitor. I think that is not a big deal to solve the issue for you.

Best regards,
Balazs

Iā€™m also having the same issue when using my PC.
My smart trainer connects via BT
And the HRM connects and displays but them goes to NO SIGNAL.

If I use zwift direct from my phone, I donā€™t have any issues.

Have reset connections and also tried to bridge from my mobile. Couldnā€™t get that to work either.

Have tried with both a Garmin and Suunto HRM