Garmin HRM no signal [SOLVED]

Seriously - what do you want to explain?

HR (and any other device I am using) is transmitting signal ANT+ or BLE. No matter which HR - Polar, Garmin, Wahoo or which device (I have also a p2m powermeter, transmitting BLE and ANT+).
Zwift (or another device) is receiving. Simple.

I had a dumb trainer, got a “new” (used) Tacx Neo 4 weeks ago.
I tested every possible combination, fyi:

• Zwift Win 10 PC, BLE dongle (no native BLE on my PC)
  • Zwift Win 10 PC, ANT+ dongle
  • Zwift Win 10 PC Zwift with Companion (HTC U11, Android 9)
  • Zwift Win 10 PC Zwift with Companion (HTC One Android 5 - Companion showing no map)
  • Zwift HTC U11, Android 9, ANT+
  • Jepster app for Android, BLE and ANT+ (to compare Watts from Tacx Neo with powermeter)
  • other Android apps for HR (there is no possibility in Polar apps to check battery status on Polar H7)

Tested

• both Polar H7 (BLE) - Zwift and Jepster; checked also with Polar M460 and M430
  • Quadloc HR BLE and ANT+ - Zwift, Jepster, Polar M460
  • Tacx Neo controllable, power, cadence BLE and ANT+ - Zwift, Jepster, Polar M460
  • p2m NG Eco powermeter power, cadence, left/right balance (not showing in Zwift)

And I say once more - I had never any problems.
I know, that does not help to solve your problem, sorry. But read the post from [Marko_Prekic], he also thinks it is not a Zwift problem.
It is interesting, that the most problems here seem to have Garmin devices users (often reported also with speed and cadence), mostly in combination with Apple. Perhaps it is an issue of iOS and Garmin or something like that? Never tested in Apple environment.

Ride on!

3 Likes